WTB: Moore Bettah Soprano/Concert

NatalieS

Reaction score
Aloha everyone, I am seriously interested in finding my own Moore Bettah soprano or concert (concert preferred).

I suspect nobody here is considering parting with theirs, but it doesn't hurt to ask! I've been lusting after Chuck's beautiful instruments for years and finally have the budget to consider one. It seems to be all I can think about these days. As his wait list is currently closed, this is my best opportunity to make that dream come true. Mahalo!

Good luck with your quest Natalie.

I sense a pattern, and predict a lot of "Good luck" wishes.

Good luck, by the way.

That is tough - I hope you are able to find one though, as MB ukes are great. I did a small book project as a gift for Chuck and researched all over the internet and interviewed a lot of owners. Almost all were tenor ukes, but I did see a few concert or sopranos. Best of luck - but is a tenor out of the question? Those are hard to find as well but much more plentiful than the other two.

That is tough - I hope you are able to find one though, as MB ukes are great. I did a small book project as a gift for Chuck and researched all over the internet and interviewed a lot of owners. Almost all were tenor ukes, but I did see a few concert or sopranos. Best of luck - but is a tenor out of the question? Those are hard to find as well but much more plentiful than the other two.

Thanks everyone. :)

Aloha wickedwahine! A tenor is not out of the question, it's just I have a tenor (my Kanile'a) already. Concert is my most comfortable size but I understand concert MBs are a lot more rare. This morning I figured what the heck, and emailed Chuck to at least express my interest. I have some money set aside and would prefer to get a MB with inlay that is special and meaningful to me, but that may be close to impossible given his wait list is closed. I will continue to keep my eyes and ears out for all possibilities. :)

Also, in case anyone asks, I already inquired about the tenor on ukulelefriend but ultimately decided I'd prefer a uke that showcases Chuck's unique inlay.

Thanks everyone. :)

Aloha wickedwahine! A tenor is not out of the question, it's just I have a tenor (my Kanile'a) already. Concert is my most comfortable size but I understand concert MBs are a lot more rare. This morning I figured what the heck, and emailed Chuck to at least express my interest. I have some money set aside and would prefer to get a MB with inlay that is special and meaningful to me, but that may be close to impossible given his wait list is closed. I will continue to keep my eyes and ears out for all possibilities. :)

Also, in case anyone asks, I already inquired about the tenor on ukulelefriend but ultimately decided I'd prefer a uke that showcases Chuck's unique inlay.

the super nice inlayed Artist Series MBU go to Andrew at The Ukulele Site...nowadays..not all but most of them..leave a message with Andrew and get on his list....good luck

Natalie, I believe you are approaching this in the right way by emailing Chuck; particularly if you are looking for your "special inlay" on a world class uke. In my mind he is one of the nicest and most talented people you wil ever encounter. I am so fortunate to have one of his ukes, a concert with a highly special and personal inlay. His wait list may extend half way around the equator, but keep at it...........it is worth the wait.

MB sopranos are real unicorns. If you get more than one offer can I have dibs on the second? :D

And... good luck!

I sense a pattern, and predict a lot of "Good luck" wishes.

Good luck, by the way.

Interesting how the most read and responded to marketplace thread in the last 24 hours is in relation to an MB uke request that nobody can fulfill! Ah, and now I've added to it also. Next listing I make will be titled "FS: MB artist inlay tenor" LOL. A mandatory Good Luck from me too Nat. :)

Hi Natalie,

I am more than lucky and happy to have two tenor MB ukes. And to my experience, the ukes built before 2015 are slightly smaller. More than one friend told me they thought mine were concert size when they played the first time. Because compared with those ukes in the same size, such as Kamaka and Kanilea, they felt mine were a little smaller in the shape. Since it is quite quite hard to find a Soprano or Concert size, I suggest that you could take tenor MBU into consideration. Good luck to you :)

I had a thread like this looking for a concert MB awhile back...still don't have one....

But I'm on Andrew's MB concert wait list....hoping Chuck will build one one day and have it send to Andrew :)

Best of luck...

I wonder if Chuck has considered having his ukes manufactured under license in China? That'd take a lot of the pressure off him, the waiting lists would come down and a lot more people would be able to afford them.

Ok Jon, grab the tinnies out of the fridge. I'll put the popcorn on...

I had a thread like this looking for a concert MB awhile back...still don't have one....

But I'm on Andrew's MB concert wait list....hoping Chuck will build one one day and have it send to Andrew :)

Best of luck...

Maybe he'll build 3 of them.:)

Good luck Natalie!

I wonder if Chuck has considered having his ukes manufactured under license in China? That'd take a lot of the pressure off him, the waiting lists would come down and a lot more people would be able to afford them.

Chuck wouldn't want to damage or change his reputation with work with his name on it, regardless of who or where it was made.

He seems very happy working and producing his quality musical peices of art on his own timeframe.

Good luck with your concert search, I only know of a availble tenor and sent you a pm.

I see you already saw the hula beauty on the HMS website. Makes me want another. hahaha

Ok Jon, grab the tinnies out of the fridge. I'll put the popcorn on...

Chuck wouldn't want to damage or change his reputation with work with his name on it, regardless of who or where it was made.

He seems very happy working and producing his quality musical peices of art on his own timeframe.

point.jpg

Top Bottom