Stunning Inlay

Pretty sure that's a transfer, but not unattractive all the same.

someone had a steady hand when theey painted that. Anyone done anything similar with inlays?

Thanks for all your replies. Playing a Ukulele is certainly an education. With my other insturments it was very basic compared to the strings, you just had to think of the type of metals the flute was made of, not lacquers, shines, inlays, painting etc. RFLOL

Reminds me of an uke show I was in several years ago where I had a couple of my highly inlaid ukes on display. During the show a woman walks up to me and says "I really like those ukes of yours. You know, the ones with the decals." Aaaack!

Reminds me of an uke show I was in several years ago where I had a couple of my highly inlaid ukes on display. During the show a woman walks up to me and says "I really like those ukes of yours. You know, the ones with the decals." Aaaack!

Chuck, I would take that as a compliment. That your craftsmanship is such that she couldn't tell it was inlay. I was fortunate enough to see the two MB's auctioned off in July. I could see how they could be mistaken for decals. Beautiful, flawless work.

Chuck, I would take that as a compliment. That your craftsmanship is such that she couldn't tell it was inlay. I was fortunate enough to see the two MB's auctioned off in July. I could see how they could be mistaken for decals. Beautiful, flawless work.

Thanks Gary. But somehow, right then I wasn't flattered. Haha.

I imagine it took some amount of restraint not to add a few "decals" to her lower bout.

Top Bottom