Neck Thickness Comparison - Link?

Katz-in-Boots

Reaction score
I have searched and can't find the thread I am looking for about the relative neck thickness of different brands. There were some really good comparisons listed by people like Hippie Dribble who have played lots of ukes. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am looking for a concert with a really shallow neck, so want to compare brands.

Even among brands the necks can vary greatly. On my two Kamaka sopranos the necks are really different and the ukes were made 5 months apart. One's neck is kind of flatter and thinner and feels great for single note work and the other one's neck is more rounded and fatter. It feels great for chord melody stuff. I'd love to check out that thread too. I'm thinking of adding another soprano in low g.

I remember the post you are talking about, but I am not great at searching this forum and could not locate it.

I have a KoAloha concert and the neck is amazing! Very slim and fast.

Another vote for the KoAloha concert. EXTREMELY thin neck. Love it.

Last edited:
Ono. Flat and slim. Gorgeous playability, K. THE BEST. And David is officially back building again. Contact him!!!!!!

On my two Kamaka sopranos the necks are really different and the ukes were made 5 months apart.

My Kamaka Ohta-San has a nice slim neck too.

I remember the post you are talking about, but I am not great at searching this forum and could not locate it.

I have a KoAloha concert and the neck is amazing! Very slim and fast.
Yes, I had a KoAloha slimline concert with a really nice slim, shallow neck, however I just didn't bond with it.

Ono. Flat and slim. Gorgeous playability, K. THE BEST. And David is officially back building again. Contact him!!!!!!

Yes, please! I am on his list and must wait patiently until my turn comes up. Until then it is either keep my UAS at bay or try something else.

I cannot remember whether the original thread was even about neck thickness. Tried searching under neck thickness comparison, thin neck, thick neck all to no avail.
Hoping someone will remember it.

Kamaka Ohta-san as Katz pointed out is fairly slim. I believe the slimest overall is LoPrinzi. I just sold one here...........real nice ukulele with wonderful tone and action, but way too slim neck for me.

I have a concert pineapple Ono heading my way shortly that David is just finishing up! Can't wait!

Envious, I am. Will look forward to your NUD pics & a sound bite.

I believe the slimest overall is LoPrinzi.

Yes, I believe that was the outcome in the thread I'm looking for.

So, knowing I didn't bond with my KoAloha, and my Kamaka Ohta-San is too big for me, maybe a Loprinzi would work until it's my turn to receive an Ono.

Top Bottom