PDA

View Full Version : Look What Just Popped Up on Ebay - Moore Bettah Tenor

PhilUSAFRet
08-25-2015, 02:22 AM
I'm not connected to this in any way. Just passing it on.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MoBettah-Custom-Tenor-Ukulele-/321843104358?hash=item4aef580a66

Highmiles
08-25-2015, 03:08 AM
That is my all time number one dream Uke. If I had my choice of any Uke made, that is my specific choice. I wish it were financially feasible, but ........... Maybe in the future.

bigphil
08-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Nice, reasonable, I would guess it will sell quickly.

I guess everyone's situation is different, but I can't fathom any reason I would EVER sell mine. I was so thrilled to get one, and my wonderful wife didn't make a peep at the expenditure. Now it's just mine until I die.

Anyway, I guess someone will get a beautiful ukulele.

wickedwahine11
08-25-2015, 02:23 PM
Nice, reasonable, I would guess it will sell quickly.

I guess everyone's situation is different, but I can't fathom any reason I would EVER sell mine. I was so thrilled to get one, and my wonderful wife didn't make a peep at the expenditure. Now it's just mine until I die.

Anyway, I guess someone will get a beautiful ukulele.

Yeah, I am with you Phil. I can't imagine ever selling one of my MB ukes, they are my most prized possessions. But I guess never say never - if financial circumstances dictated it, you do what you have to do. Or maybe this owner just decided the uke was not the right one for them. Somebody is going to get a steal though to get a MB for that price.

warndt
08-26-2015, 01:38 PM
Price just popped up by $1,500.00.

I guess he likes it after all :-)

stevejfc
08-26-2015, 03:32 PM
Buyers or sellers remorse can sometimes require medical attention............or maybe the stock market jump today resulted in reconsideration?

guitharsis
08-27-2015, 12:38 AM
Returned a Kamaka HF-3 to someone with seller's remorse awhile ago. Came so close to "pulling the trigger" on this one. Now I don't regret not doing it.

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
08-27-2015, 07:59 AM
I just heard from the seller and, as had been suggested, it was a case of seller's remorse. He has been helping someone out financially and soon found himself in a jam as well. He immediately regretted posting the uke for sale on ebay but apparently ebay won't let him cancel his listing so he raised his price instead. He intends to keep the uke and feels very badly about the people who were interested in it at the lower price. I've known the owner for a while now and he seems like an honest and upstanding guy. I wish him the best however things turn out for him.

warndt
08-27-2015, 10:16 AM
I just heard from the seller and, as had been suggested, it was a case of seller's remorse. He has been helping someone out financially and soon found himself in a jam as well. He immediately regretted posting the uke for sale on ebay but apparently ebay won't let him cancel his listing so he raised his price instead. He intends to keep the uke and feels very badly about the people who were interested in it at the lower price. I've known the owner for a while now and he seems like an honest and upstanding guy. I wish him the best however things turn out for him.

And now he dropped the price 1k....I kind of feel sorry for what this guy must be going through.

warndt
08-29-2015, 01:47 PM
Up on ebay once again!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MoBettah-Custom-Tenor-Ukulele/321847098796?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1% 26asc%3D33277%26meid%3D0446d1e70bc14f80bc5c0a1f33f d7808%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D201 411081585

KBUke
08-29-2015, 02:36 PM
Hi all:
Heads up - there is a Moore Bettah up for sale at buy it 5K or best offer. I already own a MB Tenor. So want to share the opportunity. But if I did not own.... I would of snatched this one in a heartbeat.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321847098796

Hippie Dribble
08-29-2015, 02:42 PM
Seriously folks. Another MB ebay thread in Uke Talk???????

NOTE TO EVERYONE: ebay links go in LINKS AND VIDEOS

coolkayaker1
08-29-2015, 02:42 PM
God, owners are tossing out these MB ukes faster than family photos from a burning house. :D

Hippie Dribble
08-29-2015, 02:45 PM

And before anyone asks...

Whether it's yours or otherwise is irrelevant.

wickedwahine11
08-29-2015, 04:50 PM
God, owners are tossing out these MB ukes faster than family photos from a burning house. :D

No, it is actually the same one from the other thread, just relisted. So merging these two threads...

PhilUSAFRet
08-30-2015, 11:44 AM
While technically it's a link, it has traditionally posted for some time in either Uke talk or Buying Tips in the past without a lot of sarcastic fan fair, giant bold print (yelling), etc. It is, after all, also a "buying tip." Could have been handled better........just sayin.

warndt
08-30-2015, 02:19 PM
While technically it's a link, it has traditionally posted for some time in either Uke talk or Buying Tips in the past without a lot of sarcastic fan fair, giant bold print (yelling), etc. It is, after all, also a "buying tip." Could have been handled better........just sayin.

Agreed......

mds725
08-30-2015, 03:59 PM

So as I understand it, it's okay to post in Uke Talk that there's an ukulele on eBay that might be of interest to the UU community, as long as there's no link to the auction itself. As this thread indicates, the appearance of certain ukuleles on eBay generates a lot of discussion, even among people with no interest in the sale or who have no interest in buying. However, if someone posts a thread that is otherwise the same, and posted not to generate a sale but to generate discussion about the uke in question, but posts a link to the auction, basically as a courtesy to save everyone who is curious about the ukulele in question the time and trouble of having to track down that auction and actually look at the uke in question, then the post has to be made not here but in the Links and Vides section. Frankly, I don't think this was the original intent of the "post in the Links and Videos" rule, and if it was - and please nobody take this personally -- then the rule is stupid. Just plain stupid.

Hippie Dribble
08-30-2015, 05:01 PM
Maybe I'm wrong. I give up. Whatever. Feel free to ignore the request. I think I'm the only one who actually does anything about that stuff anyway. More fool me. I knew I quit for a reason. I officially do so now. Staci can handle things in any case as no other mod is ever seen here these days. Cheers all for the replies. (for what it's worth I did ask them to remove me months ago from the role but they never followed through. When I tried to do so again a month or two back my request was never acted upon b/c no mods were ever here to read it lol). aaah. ok, whinge and whine over. please return to your auction , buying tips etc

:cheers:

PhilUSAFRet
08-30-2015, 11:27 PM
Quicker to train a monkey!

Snarky remarks like this not appreciated very much on UU either.

Hippie Dribble
08-30-2015, 11:51 PM
Snarky remarks like this not appreciated very much on UU either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCadcBR95oU

Cornfield
08-31-2015, 01:30 AM
So many temptations in the world. I might just bite this apple.

Hippie Dribble
08-31-2015, 02:20 AM
Campbell's response wasn't snarky Phil. That fellow has not a mean bone in his body if you have read any of his posts.That's Australian humour. Unfortunately you don't get it.

Your responses have been snarky and most ungracious. No grace at all. Just nastiness. I conceded your points remember. Your response is to keep grinding the axe. Not cool.

wickedwahine11
08-31-2015, 05:42 AM
Guys, this one is going off the rails here. Can we please stick to the topic at hand, i.e. the uke and its sale? At the minimum, can everyone at least stop sniping at each other? Thank you. For a uke auction that has resulted in the creation of three new threads (so far), there is not much talking about the uke or the auction.

PhilUSAFRet
08-31-2015, 07:56 AM
Post was working well until........well, we all know.........Time to shut it down since there are others.

Cornfield
08-31-2015, 09:13 AM
Back to the uke. It certainly looks attractive and, no doubt, sounds fantastic. The inlay, binding and headstock are artistic but somehow this ukulele does not trip my triggers. I emailed the seller and made an offer which he graciously declined. I can't blame him if he keeps it.
I would undoubtedly pay more to have the inlay that I want. That's the ticket to anything that is custom built. If I get it the way I want it, I'm willing to pay more. What is the price to pay to own someone else's vision?

warndt
08-31-2015, 12:20 PM
I had also contacted the Seller and suggested that he advertise both here and on FMM to avoid those Ebay fees. Hopefully, he will do so if he still wants to sell...

Hippie Dribble
08-31-2015, 12:28 PM
Just rechecked the listing and it seems to have been ended. I wonder if he sold it or whether he might be taking warndt's advice and relisting it elsewhere. Was certainly a great price given what these have been selling for recently.

mm stan
08-31-2015, 12:33 PM
Not sure on the sellers intent now since he reposted a lower offer, maybe he is strapped for cash and raised
The price and he got no response so he lowered the price a bit. Whatever the reason I wish him well.

CiceroAnon
09-19-2015, 10:22 PM
Not sure on the sellers intent now since he reposted a lower offer, maybe he is strapped for cash and raised
The price and he got no response so he lowered the price a bit. Whatever the reason I wish him well.

Wow, this moore bettah dragon fly ukulele is amazing. I picked it up and have not regretted it. I have 20 ukuleles and four of them are mya-moe, this bettah makes those sound like toys it simply amazing.

I posted some videos here:

https://youtu.be/8MHoJhtX8Ts

wickedwahine11
09-20-2015, 06:16 AM
Wow, this moore bettah dragon fly ukulele is amazing. I picked it up and have not regretted it. I have 20 ukuleles and four of them are mya-moe, this bettah makes those sound like toys it simply amazing.

Congratulations and welcome to the Moore Bettah family. I agree with you about MB quality, I sold all my other ukes after getting a Moore Bettah. They are terrific instruments.

Dan Uke
09-21-2015, 07:51 AM
Awesome and congrats!! I hope you have years of happiness!!

drmosser
09-24-2015, 07:27 AM
For Sale Again? https://reverb.com/item/1116896-moore-bettah-tenor-strativaruis-of-ukulele-1418-2014-amazing