Kerfed lining jig images/plans?

drumgerry

Reaction score
I've decided after a number of years buying kerfed linings to make a jig for my bandsaw and make them myself. You know one of those jigs with the elastic bands that push the lining along to give you regular spacing between cuts.

I've discovered Ken Timms Youtube videos of the jig but it all moves a bit quick to get a good look at the thing. And I'm aware of the detailed info on it in the ANZLF. The problem is the ANZLF is down.

So...I was wondering if anyone had some decent images/plans they'd be willing to share. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers, Gerry

Aaargh.....ANZLF seems to be back up. Still if anyone has any images or info that can help in the making of the jig I'd love to see it.

PS - didn't intend any criticism of Ken's videos above. I love to see him and Mrs Timbuck at work!

Thanks Ken. I see there's a bit more detail on that. I wonder if you might take a couple of pics showing it a bit closer up. I have a couple of drawer slides so I was wanting to incorporate them as you have. Also interested to see the adjustable depth stop. And......do you have an anti-backfeed thingy?

Cheers again, Gerry

(ps - you might remember a few years ago turning a "doughnut" for a binding machine for me - I eventually got the binding machine made and in use)

I love seeing Mrs. Timbuck making the wood chips fly. I hope this isn't her punishment for using your bridge patches as vegetable garden markers. I hope you have forgiven her... On the kerfed lining maker thingy: I'm not going there Ken. Not going there.

Here's my rig. Other than the drawer slides it is made from scrap material. It works well. Hope you can get some ideas from it.IMG_7546.jpgIMG_7545.jpg

Thanks Coveyje. If you don't mind I might steal your idea to use a threaded hook as a depth stop. Great to see the variations in design that people come up with.

I like the automated jig Michael! Bit too fancy for my poor wee brain though I suspect. It'll be enough of a challenge to make a manual jig.

Top Bottom