Anuenue Concert banjo uke. A real humdinger!!

Ernie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Well, the job hunt continues, and the next instrument to be sacrificed is my Anuenue concert banjo ukulele. This was an exceptional entry into the banjo ukulele market. It's a shame they didn't continue making them (and puzzling, considering they couldn't keep them on the shelves when they did).

This is a concert scale banjo ukulele, with an 8" head. The rim, resonator and neck are made from gorgeous curly maple. I haven't seen this kind of wood (or anything close) on any other production banjo uke. Just striking. Ebony fretboard, ebony and maple bridge, brass hardware, which is burnished to give an antique-y, almost steam-punk look. Buffalo bone nut and saddle. Another bonus is the addition of a removable arm rest- a very nice and uncommon feature.

This banjo uke plays very comfortably, with nice easy action and excellent volume. The tone is sweet, and can be modified by playing it with the resonator in place, or removing it for an open-back sound. The Ukulele Guy demonstrates this is one of his videos.

This instrument is in mint condition, apart from a very tiny ding in the underside of the rim (pictured). I was unaware of it the entire time I've owned this uke, and only discovered wit while taking photos for this sale.

If you're tired of dealing with vintage banjo ukes with lots of issues, and plinky sounding production models, but don't want to mortgage your house for a Gibson, this uke could end your BUAS once and for all.

Here's a very nice example of this model being fingerpicked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Xgn2ABSR8

Hear it strummed here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OdKI8bsUlg

Here's the only one I could find currently for sale,(at $535.00): http://www.guitarjunky.ca/spip.php?article1088

This uke ships in the very high quality hard case pictured.

Asking $425.00 Conus shipping and insurance included. Paypal gift or buyer pays paypal fees. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions, and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Looks great, good luck with the sale! What kind of case is that?

Thanks!
I haven't found a name on (or in) the case, but it's very nicely constructed- sturdy, good alignment, and the hardware is very high quality.The latches are smooth as can be.

Thanks!
I haven't found a name on (or in) the case, but it's very nicely constructed- sturdy, good alignment, and the hardware is very high quality.The latches are smooth as can be.

Looks like a Fremont case, even though there isn't a name badge...

Ksiegel- I think you're right! I just looked up the Fremont rectangular concert case... Elderly sells the case alone for $95.

Are you in the Los Angeles area?
–Lori

Hi Lori- I'm in Glendale/Burbank. If you want to come and check it out, let me know. We can work out a a time & place.

I need to move inventory! This is a steal folks!

Last edited:
Hi Lori- I'm in Glendale/Burbank. If you want to come and check it out, let me know. We can work out a a time & place.
I am actually pretty nearby, but I really shouldn't buy another uke right now. That is a sweet little banjo uke, so you are tempting me.
–Lori

Taking a big loss on this one. It's a real beauty, and a terrific player, to boot!

Last edited:
Top Bottom