Anyone Use HUD or VR glasses for reading music?

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
It's occurred to me that it would be pretty nifty to have a HUD in my glasses that would project and scroll through lead sheets or TAB for me while I play. Think about it. You could take your entire library of tunes with you wherever you go, and play them off your glasses with no music stand or binders of sheet music to worry about.

But the technology for that seems to be here already. So, are any of you using a system like that? Details, please!

No way!

Are you kiddiing us?

I'm waiting to download everything into my brain, then I can just play anything anywhere!

A couple of years ago I looked at mini projectors as a way of seeing 3-4 pages across on a music stand, but nothing existed that would work, so I decided to just buy a larger tablet, 13.3" that only cost $200, that's been working fine for me since.

I've seen a documentary on aircraft workers who wear glasses with HUD in them so that they can refer to plans and specs while inside an aircraft working on it. If they can read schematics on the fly (so to speak, and no pun intended) then we should be able to read TAB on a HUD while playing our Ukes. I've never worn glasses with a HUD in them, but it seems doable.

Top Bottom