Pau Hana, Tribal Theory, Stateside Islander Crew & Almost Islanders - Las Vegas

BruddahMark

Reaction score
Guahan-Pacific Islands Music & Reggae Festival 2009
April 25 & 26
Deer Springs Park @ Aliante
North Las Vegas, Nevada
tix $7 advance $10 door All Ages

A contingency of San Diego Islander & Reggae Roots Bands will invade Las Vegas to participate in this 2nd annual festival. The SD list includes Pau Hana, Tribal Theory, Stateside Islander Crew S.I.C. & Almost Islanders.

Ooklah The Moc & San Diego’s own Pau Hana along with Super Crew headlines this massive festival. Many other bands will also be performing. This is one party you should not miss. Come on out to the party. It’s Vegas Baby! :shaka:

PauHanaLasVegas.jpg

Guahan-Pacific Islands Music & Reggae Festival 2009
April 25 & 26
Deer Springs Park @ Aliante
North Las Vegas, Nevada
tix $7 advance $10 door All Ages

A contingency of San Diego Islander & Reggae Roots Bands will invade Las Vegas to participate in this 2nd annual festival. The SD list includes Pau Hana, Tribal Theory, Stateside Islander Crew S.I.C. & Almost Islanders.

Ooklah The Moc & San Diego’s own Pau Hana along with Super Crew headlines this massive festival. Many other bands will also be performing. This is one party you should not miss. Come on out to the party. It’s Vegas Baby! :shaka:

PauHanaLasVegas.jpg

Nice... Maybe i'll try and work "Haf A Day" and drive out to this.

I will try to bring the family out there. My bro-in-law's band will be playing there again this year. There band is called Pacific Noize. They have one uke player too and I believe he is a memeber on UU. His name is Jay.

Jim

You guys are awesome as well. Next time i visit my sis in sd im going to have to look you guys up

You guys are awesome as well. Next time i visit my sis in sd im going to have to look you guys up

thanks. we appreciate the comment. would love to see you at any of our shows. by our, i mean us, tribal theory, SIC, Da MAC, Pau Hana, etc. any which way you go is a great show!

Cool. Last time I saw Pau Hana play was at a bar in Hermosa Beach and K2 Kua ana opened for them. It was awesome. I will try to make it out to that workshop you guys are throwing in Chula. My sis lives in Chula Vista so it would be convenient.

Jim

just got home from our final practice before the big day on sunday in lost wages!... i mean las vegas! if you see me and know who i am, dont be too shy to come up to me and say hi! i dont bite (even though i look pissed off all the time). im really bad with faces and names so if i act like i dont know you but have already met you, please dont be offended. otherwise, im ready to have some FUN!!! leaving tomorrow morning before noon. cant wait!

just got home from our final practice before the big day on sunday in lost wages!... i mean las vegas! if you see me and know who i am, dont be too shy to come up to me and say hi! i dont bite (even though i look pissed off all the time). im really bad with faces and names so if i act like i dont know you but have already met you, please dont be offended. otherwise, im ready to have some FUN!!! leaving tomorrow morning before noon. cant wait!

Speaking of Vegas, can you place a million dollar bet for me that the shirt and ukes won't come today.

sorry to say, but this wasn't the best experience. we were supposed to go on at 4 but got pushed to 8. the sound was whack. it's a good thing our manager can fiddle his way around some sound because that dude didn't know what the heck he was doing. i'd say that they wasted at least 3 hours between acts because of the sound. stateside islanders had it worse than us because they went on before our manager got there. i felt really bad about that. the power kept cutting out and they'd have insane feedback spikes. on top of that, one of the reasons we got pushed was because supercrew had to perform before us before they lost all the daylight. half of the crowd left after they were done. not so super for us. probably even worse for ooklah as it was 9pm by that time there weren't many people left. i really hope it was better for the people that performed sunday. any words from the almost islanders crew or anyone else that attended?

we were told to be there by noon. and from our understanding, we had a couple acts before us. when we got there, they told us to get set up because we were opening. we didnt mind. but there were still only about 30 people there. by the time we finished our set, there were more people. it was fun. but hot. i cant say anything bad. about it, other than my neapoliTAN (chocolate, strawberry, and vanila skin coloration) on my shoulders. i just think we would have been more amped to give a better show had they waited for more people to show up, or get some of the other acts out of the way. hahaha maybe they heard we sucked.

anyway, i wouldnt mind doing it again though. it was an experience. and an excuse to spend the weekend in vegas. sorry i didnt get to come on saturday. we got so caught up in getting in our fix of vegas that we just couldnt fit the festival in.

Top Bottom