How do you keep the gloss of the Ukulele from rubbing off

generem

Reaction score
Hey all

I've had my kamaka tenor (aka Jenny) for about 6 weeks and I play / practice almost everyday. I started to notice that the part where my forearm rest on gets a little rough / dull. I use Martin Guitar polish about every other day and it does help to bring back the shine but I fear that the gloss is starting to rub off on hat spot :(. I try not to rest my forearm on that location but I kinda have too. Is there anything I can use or do to keep Jenny looking her best..

And keep that area of the body waxed.

Things I will do for the love of the Ukulele:nana: I dont know which is gonna be wierder. A guy walking around with 1 very smooth arm or 2 Very Very smooth arms

Hey all

I've had my kamaka tenor (aka Jenny) for about 6 weeks and I play / practice almost everyday. I started to notice that the part where my forearm rest on gets a little rough / dull. I use Martin Guitar polish about every other day and it does help to bring back the shine but I fear that the gloss is starting to rub off on hat spot :(. I try not to rest my forearm on that location but I kinda have too. Is there anything I can use or do to keep Jenny looking her best..

I say you just let go of your inhibitions and get all Willie Nelson on that thing.

Hey all

You could try this, a recommendation from Dominator:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Pickguards/Pickguard_materials/Clear_Pickguard_Materials.html

P.S. Don't polish too vigorously.

Lol yeah man. And Damien Rice's guitar is the same he's had te same one for life 20 years and its crazy.

It brings up an interesting point though doesn't it?

I watch all of the buying and selling, building collections and selling off collections, and I've done my fair share (I'm on my third tenor).

But I've always thought that once I found the right instrument and identified my own "sound" (a place I think I have arrived) - I would just wear that thing out. There's something intruiging about that to me (at least this week).

It brings up an interesting point though doesn't it?

I watch all of the buying and selling, building collections and selling off collections, and I've done my fair share (I'm on my third tenor).

But I've always thought that once I found the right instrument and identified my own "sound" (a place I think I have arrived) - I would just wear that thing out. There's something intruiging about that to me (at least this week).

My philosophy is that instruments are like people. Their experiences - nicks, cuts, wrinkles, whatever - result in their unique personality. A worn uke is a loved uke.

That said, I'd fix it if it had wrinkles! :)

For me, my instruments are tools more so than collectables so I'd wear that baby out. I treat all of my gear with great care, but normal wear and tear from playing is going to happen.

Top Bottom