Phil Jones Double Four with battery and stand thread.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
Here's my Double Four with battery and stand and mic.

PJD4 & Battery.jpg

On-Stage with amp & mic.jpg

Last edited:
I bought one. Sent it back.

I use a Gk Micro Cube 150 watt 12" combo with 12" extension cab for loud upright, U-Bass, and even electric bass work.
Friend built a remote power supply where I can use DC too.

For real light work, I use the Roland Micro Cube Bass RX. Needs to be backed against a wall to get head room.

I also use a Polyntone 15" for upright and U-Bass really works well for it too.

Sorry....I think that Phil Jones Double Four is overpriced, the battery add is a hassle, they lack headroom - their suitcase amps are good.

My opinion for what it is worth. I have been a bass player since 1968 and seen every and/or owned many gyrations of uprights, electric basses, and now these U-Basses

Last edited:
Kohanmike, I like how you have that set up on a stand. How did you rig that?

That stand is an On-Stage RS7500 Tilt-back Tripod Amp Stand I bought at Guitar Center West L.A. for $30. It has an extension that rises up with a standard mic thread to attach a boom or goose neck for a mic, but that was awkward so I found that I could reverse the tube and have the thread on the bottom. Then I got an On-Stage MM01 Ball-Joint Mic Adapter and a gooseneck with a mic adapter to make my rig.

PJBD4 with mic400.jpg
On Stage small amp stand.jpg
On_Stage Ball_Joint.jpg

I am going to PM you for some more specifics on the PJ. Thanks!

1. where did you buy it?
zZounds.com - $449 - http://www.zzounds.com/item--PJBDBL4BG75

2. where did you get battery, what kind, and how do you charge it?
Amazon - $99 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HFMUBYG?redirect=true&ref_=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0
It comes with a charger, 23,000 milli amp hour (yes, twenty three THOUSAND)

3. How long does battery last on a charge?
About 8-10 hours

4. Does the PJ have an external out jack to a PA? 5. Can the PJ have a speaker out jack?
It has a 1/4" Line Out that I plugged into my Crate Limo amp hoping to get dual speakers, but the PJD4 speaker turned off. It can be used to a PA, I'm sure. The Phil Jones site is best for that info.

6. You have a mic set up on yours. What is that for? Because no line out to PA?
I originally bought the stand to use with my Crate, which has a 1/4" headphone jack that I didn't know if it could patch to a PA. I already had 50 feet of cable and condenser mic, so I set up to use those if needed, or go to PA.

Last edited:
Top Bottom