Kala Acacia Tenor on eBay

cpatch

Reaction score
Love the fretboard inlay. Love that they have removed the word "brand" from the headstock logo (now it just says Kala instead of Kala Brand).

I won't get one - I love my new Pono PTS-E - but it's really nice!

It does look neat, although it looks like the center seam in the back, where the two pieces are joined, is off center compared to the heel of the neck. Could be the picture, but I don't know. Sort of bothers me, even if it had no effect on the instrument. Had I the cash, I would be looking for one of these eventually, great looking and sounds nice from what I can tell in the videos.

7ab1_1.JPG

considering its a pre-release sale, and the fact that you get a free case and free shipping, the mark-up on the piece insnt that bad at all. im actually surprised that it hasnt sold yet.

kinda like when the 350z first came out. people were paying $40 for them because they wanted to have them before they came out 6 months later... for $30k.

considering its a pre-release sale, and the fact that you get a free case and free shipping, the mark-up on the piece insnt that bad at all. im actually surprised that it hasnt sold yet.

kinda like when the 350z first came out. people were paying $40 for them because they wanted to have them before they came out 6 months later... for $30k.
I'm surprised it hasn't sold as well...the only reason I didn't buy it is that I got my hands on a sinker redwood top that I'm thinking about doing something fun with. And I didn't mean to imply that the $100 markup was unfair.

Still available? Wow...what happened to all the excitement about this model when it was first announced?

It's april in a few weeks me thinks =), mgm has some killer discounts as well - might be a slow time for UAS :rofl:

That's absotacularly gorgeous! Will it come in a concert size? I believe I have found my second uke. (Unless someone drops a curly Koa from the back of a truck)

That's absotacularly gorgeous! Will it come in a concert size? I believe I have found my second uke. (Unless someone drops a curly Koa from the back of a truck)

Soprano with friction tuners and concert with geared tuners. Kala told me it would most likely be end of April before they arrive. Slow boat from China. There are lots of new styled ukes coming out from Mainland and Ohana as well.

Now in countdown mode until the April release... waiting to see the tenors show up on the various seller sites. I'm now torn between one of these and a Fender... it may come down to which one becomes available first.

But then again there's that Kala bass uke... argh.

Can one get vaccinated for UAS?

Now in countdown mode until the April release... waiting to see the tenors show up on the various seller sites. I'm now torn between one of these and a Fender... it may come down to which one becomes available first.

But then again there's that Kala bass uke... argh.

Can one get vaccinated for UAS?

Haha, I think you should just get both. I plan to get the Kala Acacia tenor too and have just pulled the trigger on a Fender Nohea. There's no hope for me. :p

Haha, I think you should just get both. I plan to get the Kala Acacia tenor too and have just pulled the trigger on a Fender Nohea. There's no hope for me. :p

Haha, you're a winner. Don't you ever experience diminishing marginal benefits when you own so many?

Haha, you're a winner. Don't you ever experience diminishing marginal benefits when you own so many?

Well, I'm not sure. I keep coming up with new reasons to get these ukes. For the Fender, it's a laminated uke I intend to keep at my parents house. Since it's not solid, I figure I won't have to worry about humidity issues. I was checking out a Fender acoustic guitar today and decided I like that Fender headstock. For the Kala Acacia, the excuse, I mean the reason is because it's Acacia from Taiwan, my home country...:D

One of these days I'll need to hold a fire sale of some sort.

Well, I'm not sure. I keep coming up with new reasons to get these ukes. For the Fender, it's a laminated uke I intend to keep at my parents house. Since it's not solid, I figure I won't have to worry about humidity issues. I was checking out a Fender acoustic guitar today and decided I like that Fender headstock. For the Kala Acacia, the excuse, I mean the reason is because it's Acacia from Taiwan, my home country...:D

One of these days I'll need to hold a fire sale of some sort.

That's the spirit! A new excuse for every uke! :)

I'm not going to lie, that's how I plan to justify any future purchases...yeah, I need a concert uke (I really don't own any, its rather shocking)...I haven't tried one of these Fender headstock ones before...hmm, a spruce top, dont have one of those...open headstock, i could try that...need one for the bathroom...solid electric, could use an eukulele, etc etc...

And thats how UAS kills you.

That's the spirit! A new excuse for every uke! :)

And thats how UAS kills you.

Next thing we know we'll be taking lunch money from my students, collecting coins from fountains, and starting get rich quick scams just to feed our fix.

Any word on when the new Kalas will hit the stores and eBay sellers? MGM - you have any yet?

Come soon, I'm getting antsy and am thinking about making a trip to Toronto to look at Fenders if there aren't any new ukes on display soon....

kala acacia tenor

Just got mine and will put it in the review section when it gets put on there but I must say, it is amazing. Looks are super but I love the sound. VERY good resonance and everything about it just seems right. I have some other super ukes and this one is right up there at the top with them!!!

Top Bottom