Upcoming Video Ukulele Lesson

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Hey guys post your suggestions for what you want to see in the upcoming video ukulele lessons.

maybe some quicktips on improvisation exercises or such?? besides learning the pentatonic scales :D!

maybe some quicktips on improvisation exercises or such?? besides learning the pentatonic scales :D!

Hey Kris, we might do something special to teach the members here the art of improvising and soloing. We're still trying to work out the details. We'll keep you all in the loop. Thanks for the suggestion!

Well we're gonna try to break down the art of improv. So of course that's gonna mean that we start from the basics, which is the pentatonic scales. Then we can analyze the chords and such and how to create them (the 1,3,5 deal) and show how to make extensions (maj7, #11, dim5 etc.) So just be patient and we'll work out the details. We have to make sure everyone is on the same page.

i've always wanted to learn to improvise so that would be awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_1587.jpg
    IMG_1587.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1580.jpg
    IMG_1580.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 8
well if summer breeze is still going to be posted up, that would be sweet.

maybe another zelda song would be 1337.

im sure i can think of others later jaja

Those are pretty much the popular requests for some reason hahaha

Attachments

• PA300335.jpg
    PA300335.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 0
  • PA110393.jpg
    PA110393.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1
  • PC230578.jpg
    PC230578.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1
Maybe you guys could get a lesson for the song Grooving Slowly by the John Butler Trio. Not the studio version but one of the live versions with the uke solo. I could provide an mp3 if needed since I'm not sure how many people have heard the song here. He does use a baritone Uke in it which has a different tuning but im sure one of you could work it out for standard. Anyways just a suggestion

i'd really like to learn "Is There A Place". I just love the picking, its mellow and smooth. Is it played on a guitar on the actually song?

oh snap! fo'reals? that song is my friends and my favorite song to whistle haha.

they want me to learn it.

LOL

yeah. I had a video on YouTube playing that song but it was on my gf's account. The vid was lost after she shut the account down though... lol.

The song is just F, Dm, Am

The chorus goes F, C, F, Am

Hope that helps :D

i think improv would be amazing to learn.

or maybe some tips on how to mute.

as for the "is there a place" is there a certain way to play it? when i do try to play it, it sounds so dull so i stay away from playing that song

how about Me and You by Three Plus

i cant find those chords anywhere

I think it's: G, Bm, Em (2x), C, Bm, Am, D

Bridge - C, D, Em (repeat chords 3x), C, D ///

I don't know if they're exact, but good enough if you just playing by yourself, yeah?

I love how Kakariko village was done by Aldrine Guerrero and would love to learn how to play it

Top Bottom