Which Uke should I get?

TheDotEater

Reaction score
I have the KA-T non electric I play alot it is my "outdoor, in the sunshine, low humidity" Tenor.
I like it if you go that route try the D'Addario Pro-arte' strings and the Aquilla string they both sound very different on this Uke.

I like it enough that I am thinking of getting the KA-TE as my first electric which I will be playing outside too.

Now depending on what you want to spend the KA- is a laminate Uke which most folks will tell you to go Solid top but that will be a price jump. The Tenor body will be bigger and a little more room between the frets.

I have never gotten to play the other one you listed..

So which one did you end up getting? how do you like it???

Unfortunately I got a flat tire on my car the other day, so I'm going to have to put off getting my uke for a little while until I can save up more money. :(

I would love to get a solid body. However, not only do I lack the sufficient funds for a solid top but this is my first ukulele, so I'm going to start off small and work my way up to a better one.

However, I think I'm going to go with the Kala KA-TE seeing as I have heard great things about MGM. Besides, I think it's prettier. ^.^'

Last edited:
First Uke

I would get a TENOR! Those brands are similar in quality.

I'd buy the first one 'cause it comes with a uke case.

I got one!

So I ended up getting the first one, the Kala KA-TE. I absolutely love it, it's so much fun to play. I haven't had the opportunity to get much hands on time with it, but I did manage to learn a couple songs on it already. I'm glad I chose the Kala for my first uke, I know eventually I'll want to upgrade to a better one, but for now I'm content. :D

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I actually found a guy on craigslist selling the exact same uke with the case for only $125! It turns out he got it from MGM but didn't have any time to play it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom