Bushman Spruce top mahogany body Concert scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teek

Reaction score
All solid woods, but I can't find out exactly what model this is, label just says BSC for presumably Bushman Spruce Concert. I'm guessing circa 2006-11. The only reference I can find to a spruce top concert in 'hog is a HomeGrown model, of which a few were made by luthier David Gill. I think this might be more a custom selection or a sample product since the higher end ($400) ukes were rosewood and cedar. Maybe someone who knows more has an answer to the enigma. I would say it looks more comparable to a Mainland.

It's very well made, a lot of attention to detail, nice purfling, binding looks like just stain, inset back and heel stripes and good quality woods. It has a nice voice and is very competently setup so that it feels very silky and responsive to play. Comes with the branded gig bag, has a new set of Worth Clears on it which give it a better voice than the Aquilas that were on it. Has a chip out of the gloss on the top side of the neck, and a tiny ding on the heel. Local L.A. interest, come take a look.

Asking $185 OBO plus shipping, probably about $20 to include insurance.

Here's a link to my ad with more info and pics.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/msg/5198835959.html

_DSC4231.jpg
_DSC4243.jpg
20150830_142131.jpg
20150830_142152.jpg
20150830_142254.jpg

Last edited:
This is an Engleman Spruce. Bushman had a broad line up when they were first introduced. Sprucetop, Zebrawoods, Mahogany, even a koa line, all production instruments made in China.
David Gill did make a limited number of ukes for Bushman called Brown County and Bluebird. Not many made. BTW: in my opinion, these were the best Bushmans made.

I thought the Englemans only came in rosewood back and sides, spruce top?

Very few all solid instruments in this price range. It's a more deluxe model than the "Countryman" shown on ebay for $70 more. Ahhhh, if I didn't just buy a spruce topped concert a few days ago.

Last edited:
Thanks for showing me the "Countryman". Yeah I'm still thinking with the classical style tie bridge and other details (BWB purfling) it's a sample or special order.

Here's the label, as noted in prior post, not real helpful.

Attachments

• bushman label.jpg
    bushman label.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 47
Someone is going to spend $200 on a mostly laminate concert size uke that they wouldn't like nearly as much as this one.

Yeah it's really sweet since the new strings settled. Super playability, nice ring, very responsive. Since I don't seem have any interest I'll just keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom