Anyone has a Crossrock CRA400?

Ukettante

Reaction score
It's ABS hybrid, with no metal clasps but a zipper.

How do you like it?

I have two of them. The reason I bought it, and what I like about it, is that (1) it has D-rings to accommodate backpack straps, (2) it's lightweight but seems to be sturdy enough for traveling in the overhead compartment of an airplane, (3) it has room inside for a strap, a tuner, and some other stuff (the Crossrock shell case and especially its predecessor, the Kamoa shell case, had little room for anything other than the ukulele), and (4) it seems plush and fits well the ukuleles I use it for). I would prefer that it had clasps instead of a zipper, and it's a little bulky compared to the crossrock shell case (one of my ukes came with the crossrock shell case), but the plusses outweigh the minuses for my needs.

For the convenience of people who don't know what the CRA400 is, here's a link to its page on amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Crossrock-CRA400TUGR-Hybrid-Ukulele-Case-Grey/dp/B00OIE0AT0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1441141380&sr=8-2&keywords=crossrock

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
These look great and I've been wanting to see one up close. Do you think they take up less space than a standard hard case? They certainly would be lighter and may well do the overhead bin on airplane better. Can't wait to try one.

Thanks MDS for confirming about actually owning one. i like the cool colors and like the fact that they look solid but fairly lightweight (compared to a normal hardcase). It's on my wishlist.

I have two of them. The reason I bought it, and what I like about it, is that (1) it has D-rings to accommodate backpack straps, (2) it's lightweight but seems to be sturdy enough for traveling in the overhead compartment of an airplane, (3) it has room inside for a strap, a tuner, and some other stuff (the Crossrock shell case and especially its predecessor, the Kamoa shell case, had little room for anything other than the ukulele), and (4) it seems plush and fits well the ukuleles I use it for). I would prefer that it had clasps instead of a zipper, and it's a little bulky compared to the crossrock shell case (one of my ukes came with the crossrock shell case), but the plusses outweigh the minuses for my needs.

For the convenience of people who don't know what the CRA400 is, here's a link to its page on amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Crossrock-CRA400TUGR-Hybrid-Ukulele-Case-Grey/dp/B00OIE0AT0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1441141380&sr=8-2&keywords=crossrock

attachment.php
attachment.php

After having just about every kind of case there is - I hate zippered instrument cases. Sometimes you have no alternative, but I will never buy one with a zipper when a latched on is available. Zippers get stuck. I like to latch one latch down when the case is empty - can't be done with a zipper.

Top Bottom