Tool Aquisition Syndrome..T.A.S

Timbuck

Reaction score
Can you all refrain from posting new Gadgets and Tools that you have recently acquired..Because i'm going thro a bad patch of T.A.S:drool: ...in the last couple of weeks I've bought an Optimisor visor, a UV torch, and I had to stop myself from buying a Stanley # 4 Plane..My Paypal account is now almost at zero :(

Last edited:
If it's Allen Keys you want I've got a bucket full..Most are cheap and nasty Metric and imperial... and I can never find the one that I need.

Yes T.A.S is a curse.
Just bought a Tormek T4 sharpener. Very nice.
Had to buy that in order to bring my growing collection of Swedish chisels to razor sharpness.
Forget the reason I needed the Swedish chisels but I had a very convincing argument at the time.
Miguel

Always buying tools. Just got a 50mm shoulder mill the other day and put the indexable cutters in it this morning. Polished ones designed for aluminium. They slice timber so cleanly that it looks like it's polished.

50mm shoulder mill.jpg

Always buying tools. Just got a 50mm shoulder mill the other day and put the indexable cutters in it this morning. Polished ones designed for aluminium. They slice timber so cleanly that it looks like it's polished.

View attachment 83037
I'm not getting one of those either..looks good tho' (Get thee behind me Satan):stop:

Can you all refrain from posting new Gadgets and Tools that you have recently acquired..Because i'm going thro a bad patch of T.A.S:drool: ...in the last couple of weeks I've bought an Optimisor visor, a UV torch, and I had to stop myself from buying a Stanley # 4 Plane..My Paypal account is now almost at zero :(

Any tool you need you can make. I'm sure of that! BTW, I don't even own a plane but what is a UV torch?

UV Flashlight to you Colonists ....Don't get one Chuck it shows up all the stuff that you can't see under normal light..not only glue stains but other stuff like minute imperfections and inclusions in the grain...It's ok for looking for fake banknotes tho' ;)

Torch! Of course. I thought it was for welding. Haha. You would be surprised at how few tools I have but I use them efficiently. For some reason tools just don't excite me. I'm more afflicted with WAS (Wood Acquisition Syndrome).

Swedish chisels! E A Berg? C I Fall? B A Hjorth?
EA Berg and Jernbolaget were the brands imported into NZ - prefer the ones with wooden handles but happy to consider a red plastic handled one if it's ridiculously cheap.
Miguel

career tradesman, carpenter and cabinetmaker and soon to be ukulele builder. i will keep the projects simple no fears of turning into a luthier. what i have found is you will stop buying tools when you die. the real issue is do you use and enjoy and create with the beloved tools you have and have you grown as a worker. the personal growth part, that's all you can ask of life.

Just for you Ken! Lie Nielsen 101 violin makers plane and Veritas honing guide. Arrived from Axminster this afternoon.

Been spending the last couple of weeks trying to get things I've "needed" for ages. And who doesn't like the thrill of an Ebay auction?! This was too good to resist. Clearly unused and still in original box with instructions. Well chuffed!

Top Bottom