Back on the saddle again

hollisdwyer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
After a little over 2 months in post op recovery after a knee replacement and moping around the house, a good Uke group friend bundled me into her car last Saturday and brought me to our weekly jam at a local farmers market.

How good it was to see the great people that I jam with again. They even made me a birthday cake ( it actually was my birthday).

Their friendship is one of the most valuable things in my life.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nice photos Hollis. Happy birthday and good to see that your recovery continues well. I'm guessing Bill is the dude in orange. :)

Nice photos Hollis. Happy birthday and good to see that your recovery continues well. I'm guessing Bill is the dude in orange. :)

Thanks for the good wishes. The fellow in Orange is Rob, our base player and an amazingly good one at that. For some reason Bill doesn't feature in the photos. Maybe he was off getting a coffee or snack at the farmers market.

Glad you are on the mend. I imagine it would be nice to have friends like that. Lucky man. I had a pie for my birthday Tuesday...coconut cream.

Hollis, great to hear your recovery is going well. Your statement " their friendship is one of the most valuable things in my life" speaks volumes, not only of them but of you as well. Happy belated birthday, I could tell it was you by your Boat Paddle ML tenor, it's beautiful.

Heart warming post! Happy Birthday, and congrats on finding such a good group of friends!

That is one fine uke you are bringing to uke club ;)

Glad to hear you are doing well!

For some reason Bill doesn't feature in the photos. Maybe he was off getting a coffee or snack at the farmers market.

Or perhaps, when the camera came out, he was happily beneath the hors d'ourve table.

I'm glad to hear that your new Hollis knee is the "bees' knees". A real honey, I'm sure.

Growing up, it was always lemon meringue pie for me. My Mom made a truly great one.

Living in Florida now I suspect you can get LM pie any day you want (although not as good as your Mums). My youngest son makes a great LM pie but it is a desert here re Key Lime. When we're in the USA I take every chance I get to eat Key Lime Pie. Yum, pie!

Top Bottom