KoAloha: The Story of the Sceptre

Must. Stop. The. UAS.

Good thing I don't have deep pockets...although if I had joined up in that pyramid scam with that GLA company that offered me the "bentley bonus" and 2% ownership in a multimillion dollar startup if I just put in a $100 investment...I would totally be able to afford a Sceptre/Pineapple Sunday.

That things looks medieval dangerous cool, something a Klingon would play.
I'd probably hurt myself playing that thing. :D

SceptreTenor_006.jpg

i love these!! the are so LOUD and they sound GREAT... some of them sound better than others depending on the wood..

the only reason i decided not to go with this uke.. is that i was not sure if it would be an "everyday uke" it looks more like one that is for special events and it a bit flashy! but it is amazing..

i have yet to watch papa in the video.. but i will soon.. thanks for the link!

i love the art that goes into the Koaloha ukes!! love love love it

Pops sure can talk up a storm. but hes a natural storyteller, thats partially why the KoAloha Story was so well received, at least thats what i think.

The story of the sceptre and then my follow up conversation with staff made me decide to go with KoAloha on my next pricey purchase. You can't go against God, IMO.

Living in the "Wasteland of 'Ukulele", the KoAloha ukuleles and the family Okami have been a blessing. All the KoAlohas I have owned are nice players with a sweet sound. Paul Okami has been 1st rate regarding any questions. The consistent high quality of the instruments makes purchasing without touching less of sketchy situation.

The Scepter is bit to radical in design for my taste. Guess I'm an old fart that likes traditional shaped ukuleles. Where would you find a hard case to fit this uke?

Last edited:
Living in the "Wasteland of 'Ukulele", the KoAloha ukuleles and the family Okami have been a blessing. All the KoAlohas I have owned are nice players with a sweet sound. Paul Okami has been 1st rate regarding any questions. The consistent high quality of the instruments makes purchasing without touching less of sketchy situation.

The Scepter is bit to radical in design for my taste. Guess I'm an old fart that likes traditional shaped ukuleles. Where would you find a hard case to fit this uke?

The answer to that lies in your quote above ;)

After watching that I kind of feel like playing my Pineapple Sunday a little bit...:p

I've played a couple of tenor Sceptres and I likened it to a more macho sounding Pineapple Sunday. For some reason I haven't had a huge desire to own one (and I actually like the design), but it's definitely a very nice instrument.

That things looks medieval dangerous cool, something a Klingon would play.
I'd probably hurt myself playing that thing. :D

SceptreTenor_006.jpg

lmao definitely looks Klingon. Or the Bat Uke.

I like it - it's not something I'd go for but I appreciate the creativeness of the design.

After watching that I kind of feel like playing my Pineapple Sunday a little bit...:p

I've played a couple of tenor Sceptres and I likened it to a more macho sounding Pineapple Sunday. For some reason I haven't had a huge desire to own one (and I actually like the design), but it's definitely a very nice instrument.

I'm sure you'll have a sceptre eventually. Hehe.

lmao definitely looks Klingon. Or the Bat Uke.

I like it - it's not something I'd go for but I appreciate the creativeness of the design.

You are SO right, you could color in the Batman logo right into the bottom half of that uke! :D

It's not just the shape that strikes a chord(no pun) with me, it's the creative process that Papa KoAloha came about the idea in which I can relate to. Doesn't get any realer than that, and those who pass his story off as fiction or "new agey" are mistaken. When I am to plunge into the Sceptre market I will get a concert size over the tenor, just because I expect a certain sound from my tenors as opposed to my smaller scale ukes where I prefer the brighter livelier sound.
:shaka:

Wow that is a cool uke and an even cooler story. Its so robust in high g i wanna hear its sound in low g

That is a bit of a radical design for me. sounds great in the video though.
Kinda like the flying v of ukes

Top Bottom