HMS Customer Service ROCKS!

Cfiimei

Reaction score
Last week I ordered a Gretsch G9126 Guilele from HMS, also known as "The Ukulele Site." I expected to wait about a week for the instrument to ship while it waited in line to be set up. (Well worth the wait.) Today I received a call from the fellow that was doing the setup. He told me that the canvas case (bag) that comes with this one was slightly ripped and didn't meet their standards, and asked if it was ok if they just gave me a free case upgrade. I was impressed to get a call from the person that set up my uke, impressed that they offered a case upgrade (they are shipping the ripped one too,) and impressed that they include setup in the first place. I could have saved shipping costs by ordering this from Amazon because we belong to Amazon Prime, but I decided to go with HMS to support a true Ukulele business. I'm glad I did. The setup alone is worth much more than the shipping costs I'm paying. Big KUDOS and much mahalo and aloha to HMS!

There is a reason why everybody here recommends them and you just experienced it. An instrument is too important of a personal item to not have the very best people take care of it for you.

I live in Canada our dollar is only worth 0.75¢, we get hit with a 12% tax and shipping charges are more. This adds almost 50% to the cost of the instrument but I still buy from HMS.

Make sure you do a NUD post after you've received it and tell us all about it.

I'm glad you got what you wanted, and from a reputable dealer.
Buy a uke off Amazon? Sacrilege!

I live in Canada our dollar is only worth 0.75¢, we get hit with a 12% tax and shipping charges are more.

I feel your pain. Our dollar dropped from 83c a few months back to 62c now, that smarts. And the tax is 15%.

With the passage of the years I'm less inclined to wait around in the hope of our dollar picking up, I might not be around to see it.

I've bought a few ukes from HMS and always been *extremely* impressed with them. When I picked out a Pono for my mom, they called to say they had found a slight defect in the finish and they had already completely buffed it out but were refunding $100 to me anyway. :) It's worth it to order from HMS just for the perfect setup alone. I can't wait to visit the shop in person when I get to HI again.

Yeah, HMS is the best place to buy an ukulele, hands down. Besides that, Amazon setup sucks! Haha. :)

You're right, Amazon setup sucks, and now they deliver, eh drop, via drones!
BTW, love the HMS customer service............can't be beat!!

Last edited:
Even Bill Murray has exceptional things to say about HMS, it's that good.

Hands down, the best ukulele shop in the world for my money. Pity the U.S. dollar is so much stronger against the Singapore dollar now.

Hands down, the best ukulele shop in the world for my money. Pity the U.S. dollar is so much stronger against the Singapore dollar now.

I agree with Andy.

I just love buying from the Ukulele Site. Andrew and his crew have great skill and integrity with each Une that goes out the door.

Best Uke shop, period.

And I agree. It is too bad the Canadian dollar is low against the USD as well. Makes things really expensive.

There is a reason why everybody here recommends them and you just experienced it. An instrument is too important of a personal item to not have the very best people take care of it for you.

I live in Canada our dollar is only worth 0.75¢, we get hit with a 12% tax and shipping charges are more. This adds almost 50% to the cost of the instrument but I still buy from HMS

Make sure you do a NUD post after you've received it and tell us all about it.

Dave. Our dollars will go down and down but that won't stop us from bothering the nice people at HMS. Should have bought more when it was at par!

Last edited:
Can't agree more! HMS is the best uke shop in the world. I brought one for my friend first and then was very lucky to get my MBU from Andrew. This is a perfect team and the customer service is the greatest! But the USD is so much stronger against the CNY, I am about to cry now...

Top Bottom