Gas Can Ukes

JoZe

Reaction score
So I came across these unusual ukes while surfing the web. Bohemian Guitars. They use gas cans to make guitars, and now are making ukuleles as well as a bass. Got the idea from musician in South Africa, who would use anything they could find to make an instrument. Interesting design. they were funded on Indegogo. The ukes are hollow body electric. I don't know how to add a link, but you can visit the website.

$99 for a one of a kind electric uke can't be beat!

I actually purchased one through the IndieGoGo campaign, I liked the slightly dissonant sound they had from the clip samples. Plus I'm a sucker for a unique instrument. I'm waiting with baited breath for December, which is when they are supposed to ship out.

They look like they would be different and fun. I like different. Might have to buy one in the future, but I have an Iriguchi uke heading my way in a few weeks. maybe by Xmas I'll get myself a present.

I thought I'd order one just for fun. When I went to the website, I couldn't find any way to order one of the cute commercial logo can models. The only ones offered were a stupid looking American flag design, and one painted all black. What a disappointment! Seems as if someone at that company needs to get on the ball.

Well hopefully they'll come up with some more designs. All of their other instruments look really cool.

I thought I'd order one just for fun. When I went to the website, I couldn't find any way to order one of the cute commercial logo can models. The only ones offered were a stupid looking American flag design, and one painted all black. What a disappointment! Seems as if someone at that company needs to get on the ball.

Those cans probably aren't easy to come by, find a can and ask if they'll use it to make your uke!

Those cans probably aren't easy to come by, find a can and ask if they'll use it to make your uke!
Or ask if they do special orders. Sometimes you can be surprised what small companies are willing to do for not a lot of extra money.

Top Bottom