FS:TAYLOR GSMini A/E Mahogany

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnyf

Reaction score
Well, I've had my go at 6strings and I'm over it. Not to my liking. Make me want to go and pick up one of my baritones every time I play it. Before I put it up in AGF, I thought I list it here on UU, in case any other members have been curious to try a small scale 6 steel string A/E guitar.
this Taylor model has a rep for having big warm sound in a small body.
It's in mint shape and includes the Taylor padded gig bag. $500 +actual cost of shipping. PayPal please. Last pix shows size next to my Favilla Bari. More pix avail on requestimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
I used to have the spruce top Taylor GS Mini. A wonderful wonderful guitar. However, I too sold it because I find it much easier to play ukulele! I play soprano, tenor and baritone and the baritone fits the need for a guitar wonderfully.

Yeah, I'm with you. Guitarist come over and pick it up and are impressed with the sound from this small guitar, especially one who has a really expensive big Taylor (says it's not obviously as good as his but that it's surprisingly good, especially at such a low price point and size is nice). I appreciate it when I'm playing something where adding the bass line is really integral (like for ex. I Walk the Line) but otherwise I like just the 4 soft strings of my baris. I mainly got it to jam with other guitarists where my ukes were drowned out by all those other guitars. Had to experience for myself though, to get the bug out of my system.

I have had a GS Mini for about two years and I will probably never sell mine. That thing is the grand piano of my fleet, and has such an awesome sound. Note that I also have a smaller 19" scale Breedlove travel guitar (cedar top) and I have a Gretsch Guilele on the way. I still play my ukes more, but what is a guitar but a large uke with a couple of extra strings?

If anyone is considering a guitar I can highly recommend this one. It is an instrument plenty serious enough to gig or record with. Sometimes I just trance out on the rich tones it produces when I play it. The neck is great for fingerstyle, and it strums really well too. I'm sure someone will treasure it as I tresure mine.

Here is a size comparison.... Left to right my concert scale solid body, Ohana 8 string tenor, Breedlove, and the GS.
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom