FS Boat Paddle D-Style custom tenor w/ MiSi, Spruce & Walnut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
For sale is a Boat Paddle D-Style custom tenor uke by luthier Jerry Hoffman. Features include: Walnut back and sides, spruce top, maple & walnut trim, maple neck and Kamagong ebony head plate, fretboard and bridge. High gloss finish. Purfling is maple and walnut. Tri-lobed sound hole is bound in walnut. Neck is curly big leaf maple. Grover over gear tuners. Mother of pearl logo ready for inlay. MOP top markers and white side markers. Jerry Hoffman’s Craftsmanship is outstanding. The D-Style is Jerry’s version of a cutaway. Low g tuning. Matching of ebony figuring in the wood for the headstock and fretboard is gorgeous. Mint condition, but has a small builder flaw on back, under the finish (see picture). MiSi pickup was installed by Jerry. This uke was built in September 2013. Has strap button. Includes soft gig bag and MiSi pick-up charger.

This wonderful uke is up for sale to reduce my number of ukes. I’m even surprised I’m selling it.

sold

Here is a sound sample with Worth CTs plus a wound C & G.
https://app.box.com/s/v4uqq19tmanz3w56mt8gkfguheehte6d

P1070502_zpshgbmggfa.jpg
P1070504_zpsh3v4unh8.jpg

P1070501_zpsltolkw6t.jpg

P1070498marked_zpszsg2k9dx.jpg

Last edited:
Doc_J, what is the width at the nut, and how would you describe the neck's thickness/depth? Also, what strings are on the uke in the sound sample? Thanks . . .

Doc_J, what is the width at the nut, and how would you describe the neck's thickness/depth? Also, what strings are on the uke in the sound sample? Thanks . . .

Hi Dave,

The width at the nut is right at 1-7/16 inches. The neck is more comfortable than any other BP tenor I have played. It's a medium thickness neck, thinner than other BP tenors but not as thin as some other makers. The neck profile is more a flatish D shape. The strings on it in the sound sample are mash-up (Worth E & A, Aquila wound G, and a GHS wound C). I would probably go with Oasis strings on next string change.

These are just about the prettiest ukes in the world, imo. Good luck with your sale, it's an amazing instrument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom