FS Lightnin Custom Resophonics Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
If you know about John Cook and his luthier work as Lightnin Custom Resophonics you might recognize this uke. John’s work is amazingly rare. John created this one a kind tenor ukulele in 2011.

I have not mastered the reso, and have not played this very much. Time to send it to a real reso musician.

You have to hear John Cook play this one, as I really do not play it well:

Here’s the specs. Back and sides are Curly Maple while the top is Fir. The Neck is the fine Quilted Maple while the Fretboard is Ebony highlighted with actual Vintage Watch Gear inlay markers. The Head plate and Nut are also Ebony with LCR's patented Brass Lightnin Bolt and Gear inlay. This custom ukulele it was fitted with a Six Inch Continental (Hand Spun Cone). The Reso Cover Plate features an Amber Duco finish that John Cook is famous for, and has more watch gears, very cool.

The Swiss made Schertler tuning machines and real Ebony Buttons are as fine as it gets..... wish I had these on all my ukes. Finally, the body is bound with beautiful Tortoise Shell Celluloid. Finished with a multi procedure in Nitro Lacquer that glistens. The nitro has developed a little crazing around the reso cover, but it is not problem.

It comes with a matching one of a kind Custom Made and fully lined $250.00 Coffin Case.

The action is quite low 3/32" at the 12th fret. It sound beautifully and plays easy with a very light touch.

Strung in reentrant with Aquila. It was designed to allow stringing with Steel Strings as well as regular nylon strings in Low G or reentrant. ONE OF A KIND SOUND AND INTONATION!!!!! Incredible Volume with a very bright yet warm tone.

History: This ukulele was built at the end of 2011 with the builder's intent to make a fabulous instrument as demo with a well known east coast string band on tour. Once it returned off tour in near perfect condition, it was sold to the original owner. I am the second owner.

* Only 1 like it in the world.
* If you play, perform or collect this is the one!
* John stopped making instruments, as his wood allergies were getting severe.

Sold.

P1070074_zpsc7da29d4.jpg

bf25f343-8642-420a-9be2-bcead9ec55c9_zpsq51hsur9.jpg

P1070071_zps376e2643.jpg

P1070069_zps6a2c294e.jpg

Last edited:
HOLY SMOKES............words fail me. :drool:

OK, I've only been hanging around here for a few months, but this is without question the most amazing instrument I've seen or heard. I'm completely gobsmacked. And completely unworthy but OMG. Words fail me. Good luck!!

This uku is just too SWEET! Watched tie video sounds awesome. Would love to have it, but have to sell a couple first. That's the way it usually goes. Lol

Amazing that a Uke this good hasn't been snapped up by now. Good Luck with the sale. It's just a bad market to sell higher quality instruments right now. Would you be interested in a trade?

I'm genuinely surprised that no one has purchased it yet. It's stunning, unique, the price is shockingly low, and it sounds fantastic.

I hope someone buys this before I get paid next month. Please, buy it. :) I don't want to deal with importing a uke from overseas again.

That is one badass looking uke! Does it bite?

Wish I could afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom