Renaissance and baroque tunes

Ukeval

Reaction score
A little serie of tunes arranged for renaissance guitar (and so for ukulele too) by Pascale Boquet, for the vol 43 of the French Lute Society.

Here are some tunes I like to play...

(more to come later; sorry no tabs, you should buy the book from the French lute society if you want it, it is in french tablature (letters).

Another one

Oh my! These are so very beautiful!

This is how I want to play and the type of music I want to play. Don't know that I'll ever get there, but these videos make me want to try!

I tinker around with most instruments but I decided last week that I want to learn one instrument well. I have a Mainland Mango uke coming this week (yay for Septembet teacher discount). Your videos are inspiring me to put in the time and energy to play like this!

Thank you so much for the beautiful music! (we need a hug smiley around hete . . .)

[QUOTE

(more to come later; sorry no tabs, you should buy the book from the French lute society if you want it, it is in french tablature (letters).[/QUOTE]

Which book would you recommend? There seem to be so many! Thanks.

you should buy the book from the French lute society if you want it, it is in french tablature (letters).

Thanks for those videos, Val. As always, you are brilliant! :)

Could you please post a direct link to the page for the book? (Do they take PayPal and ship to Germany?)

Thanks for those videos, Val. As always, you are brilliant! :)

Could you please post a direct link to the page for the book? (Do they take PayPal and ship to Germany?)
http://www.sf-luth.org/en/? Musical_Publications/Le_Secret_des_Muses
This page, look for vol 43 (duets for renaissance guitar and lute (90 pieces), and also vol 18 for renaissance guitar solo (108 pieces) some pieces are on both the solo and duet books but just a few, most are different. The take paypal (then click on the "visa" icon) and ship worldwide.
Warning, french tablature, so lettrers, but easy to learn, 0 = a, 1 = b and so on...

I love this playing.

Is this "finger style" ukulele?

I'd love to find a DVD with "finger style" or "fingerpicking" lessons rather than chord playing that needs vocals.

Glad to hear these - big fan of your channel!

Top Bottom