Opinions

ritzer012

UU+
Reaction score
Getting a new uke in about two weeks from Ukulele Academy in Wilmington, NC

These are basically what I've narrowed it down to with a huge part of the decision left obviously to trying them out when i get there.

KoAloha Pikake Soprano

Mainland Cedar and Rosewood

Kala Curly Mango

Loprinzi Model A Solid Cherry

Any opinions in the meantime?

All are great choices depending on your wants and needs. Some are solid, some laminate, some hand-built, some production. Play them all, and then play them again, and then walk away, have lunch and go back and get the one that stuck in your mind the most.

thats really good advice...leaving and coming back i would never think to do that. but youre right most of the time when you regret buying something you keep thinking about the one you should have gotten instead...this way ill avoid it...thanks deach

Getting a new uke in about two weeks from Ukulele Academy in Wilmington, NC

These are basically what I've narrowed it down to with a huge part of the decision left obviously to trying them out when i get there.

KoAloha Pikake Soprano

Mainland Cedar and Rosewood

Kala Curly Mango

Loprinzi Model A Solid Cherry

Any opinions in the meantime?

Can't go wrong with any of them but in my most biased opinion I'd go Hawaiian and get the KoAloha since it's koa, Hawaiian as a ukulele should be, and sounds great. If money is no object then LoPrinzi next, but I like the Mainland better than the KALA but that's just my taste, the KALA coming in a very close 4th. I'm getting myself a Mainland Ukulele similar to your's next. ;)

All are great choices depending on your wants and needs. Some are solid, some laminate, some hand-built, some production. Play them all, and then play them again, and then walk away, have lunch and go back and get the one that stuck in your mind the most.

good advice deach!! i have found i do this with a lot of things i buy now! i don't buy them the fist time i see them... i look.. i like... i take a walk.. maybe a day or two.. i even do it with shoes! i have found this makes a better choice! if it sticks in my head... then i know that i want it for real!

the koaloha stuck in my head.. and then after coming home to KC i had to raise the money... but i got one!

Top Bottom