1970's Kamaka White Label Concert (super clean)

Ernie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This is a beautifully preserved example of Kamaka's best production ukulele (in my opinion). I have owned many Kamakas of all shapes and sizes, and the Gumby-head concert from this era is my personal favorite. For me, this is the time and size where Kamaka had everything dialed in perfectly- light bracing, comfortable neck, perfect string spacing, super-cool aesthetics and dynamite sound.
This ukulele is beautiful to look at and a joy to play. It has very comfortable action, and a full, ringing tone. It is ready to play and to make it's next owner very, very happy.
This one will be greatly missed.
Please feel free to ask questions.

$675 includes Conus shipping and insurance (Paypal gift or buyer accepts Paypal fees).
Thanks for looking!!

Attachments

• Full.jpg
    Full.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 137
  • Body.jpg
    Body.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Sides.jpg
    Sides.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 114
  • HeadstockPegs.jpg
    HeadstockPegs.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 107
Oh man. Tempting me on this one.

Oh my!!!! :drool:

Hi Ernie, I tried to PM you but it seems your mailbox is full.

How long have you had this lovely uke and why part it now?

Is the fingerboard koa?

What strings is it strung with, any posibity of a sound sample?

Does it come with a case?

thanks for your time,
Erin

Last edited:
Hi Erin,
Sorry about the full inbox. I've cleared out some emails, so it should be good now.
I bought this ukulele in early 2013, and it's as good as any Kamaka concert I've owned. I'm selling this (and others) to bridge a gap in my employment.
It is strung with Worth Clear Medium strings, and does not some with a case (although I will pack it carefully). I will attempt to getting around to posting some sound samples, but I am lousy at doing so, which is why my youtube account has had 2 videos in 7 years.
The fingerboard is indeed koa.
Thanks!

I have a white label concert, not nearly as striking as this one, what gorgeous grain!! Every time I think of selling mine because I like tenors, and pull it out and play it, I'm blown away by the volume and resonance. They are real honeys.

This uke is SOLD! Watch this board for another Kamaka concert from the same era (told you I liked these)!

Top Bottom