NUD Martin T1K

Afcforthewin

Reaction score
Not quite a NUD since I've had this for a few days now but finally got around to posting photos :p

I went through quite a few T1k's to find this one. Based purely on sound, she blew all the other T1k's I tried out of the water. Significantly clearer, even tone on each note. I was having trouble with other T1k's where one note would be excessively loud, or many notes would be very dull.

Oh and she looks great too

Attachments

• IMG_0889.jpg
    IMG_0889.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0890.jpg
    IMG_0890.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Congratulations. That is prettier, by far, than any others I have seen.

Congratulations...... your Koa looks a lot better than a lot I have seen. Sound sample on the few reviews I've seen are good. I did start a thread asking people who owned Martin T1K now they liked them after they have owned and played them for a good time. No reply's yet so I will have to bump it. I'm looking at one right now but have to buy on line so won't be able to play. I have requested pics of the Koa because some of the T1K's I've seen are very basie. I am curious how consistent they ukuleles are sound wise . I guess you answered that questions. How many did you try to find this great one?

Congratulations...... your Koa looks a lot better than a lot I have seen. Sound sample on the few reviews I've seen are good. I did start a thread asking people who owned Martin T1K now they liked them after they have owned and played them for a good time. No reply's yet so I will have to bump it. I'm looking at one right now but have to buy on line so won't be able to play. I have requested pics of the Koa because some of the T1K's I've seen are very basie. I am curious how consistent they ukuleles are sound wise . I guess you answered that questions. How many did you try to find this great one?

Thanks all for the kind words! Too many... maybe 5 or 6? There is really a high variability. One would sound ok but would have absolutely no flame, a second would look nice but would have really bad wolf notes. There was one that I almost kept before this one, decent sound and decent curl (although nowhere near as much as the one I kept) but the book matched front was badly misaligned and I just couldn't get over it.

I have the Martin S-1, the OXK and the 1-CK and I love them all. Thinking seriously the 1 TK after looking at your beauty!

Congrats on the new Martin. Looks a beauty! Play it everyday!

Were all the Ukes in one place? Where did you get an opportunity to sample several at once?

Last edited:
Very nice looking T1K, for sure. Glad your patience and persistence paid off!

Top Bottom