FS: Vintage Gretsch Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearbike137

Reaction score
FS: Vintage Gretsch Soprano (CLIP ADDED)

Vintage Gretsch Soprano Ukulele. I bought this fifteen years ago from Hogeye Music in Evanston Illinois, but I haven’t played it much (the strings on it are fourteen years old!). The uke has mostly lived in a hardshell case in my climate controlled home studio. Case is NOT included however.

It is a really great sounding soprano – and the set-up is amazing: only 2/32” at the 12th fret – and no buzzing. All in all, it is in remarkable condition given its age. No cracks or issues of any sort. Tuners still work very well. Very loud uke. One thing I notice about the uke is that the top is somewhat glossier than the rest of the uke. Possibly refinished at some point? I honestly don't know. It looks great however.

$175 shipped to contiguous US. I will pack extremely safely.

Gretsch Full Front.jpgGretsch J.jpgGretsch B.jpgGretsch D.jpg

Video clip:

Thank you!

Last edited:
I have one of these that has a crack or two, fixed with super glue by someone, and dings and the finish is pretty rough. But, it's the very last ukulele I would let go of. I like it better than any uke I've ever had. Even the old or new K brands. It's just a special instrument. I played a Sherwood once that was pretty close. I'm sure this going to make someone very happy.

I have one of these that has a crack or two, fixed with super glue by someone, and dings and the finish is pretty rough. But, it's the very last ukulele I would let go of. I like it better than any uke I've ever had. Even the old or new K brands. It's just a special instrument. I played a Sherwood once that was pretty close. I'm sure this going to make someone very happy.

Thanks, Xtradust!

It looks like a mix of a Martin and my Gretsch...really nice uke mate, it looks great and it sounds great as well! Very vintage sound.
Good luck with the sale!

Last edited:
Hmm, I am really surprised there are no takers yet for this nice vintage soprano. I have cut the price near rock bottom...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom