I'm back.

Cassie

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I'm finally back. Mom showed her Pele side because I kept forgetting that I had jobs to do and basically I wasn't allowed to use my laptop. She has a temper like Pele and that's what I mean by showing her Pele side. UAS is still bugging me. I'm sorry I couldn't accept your offers to send me a uke but mom would have thought me desperate if she saw the thread on UAS Then she probably wouldn't get me one for Christmas. Now I have to be very careful not to get in any trouble between now and then. I am an adult but she's still overprotective. If I could, I would have let all of you send me one. Sorry John. I deeply apologize for not being able to accept your offers to send me one. Thank you all for you're generosity and yes, I still want to pass on old kids songs that I have known since I was a kid to today's kids.

Mahalo. I really love kids songs. Do any of you know the song John brown's baby? It's a good sing along song for when you have kids at your uke jams. Out of all the ones I looked at on the page, I found Michael Finnegan. It has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. Mahalo for your encouragement and help in fighting this blasted battle with UAS. UAS is really bugging me. Mahalo again. Do any of you speak Hawaiian really well? I know a little but not much.

Mahalo. I'm trying to bust UAS but it keeps trying to bust me also. I apologize for not being able to accept your offers but I would if I could. If I had my own house, I would definitely take you up on all of your offers. I would probably have a shelf full of ukes.

Something to consider when you finally get a uke, you'll be wanting a set of ukulele pitch-pipes, rather than a clip-on tuner.

My Kala came with a set, but I'm not sure if any other manufacturers supply them. Might be worth mentioning to the dealer, and asking if they'll throw some in for free. If they won't, and insist on charging for what amounts to fifty cents worth of plastic, take your custom elsewhere.

I can do that? I can also use my Casio keyboard. It doesn't have a uke in the presets list but I can use the keys to help get my uke in tune. I'm really looking forward to getting one. Mahalo.

Something to consider when you finally get a uke, you'll be wanting a set of ukulele pitch-pipes, rather than a clip-on tuner.

My Kala came with a set, but I'm not sure if any other manufacturers supply them. Might be worth mentioning to the dealer, and asking if they'll throw some in for free. If they won't, and insist on charging for what amounts to fifty cents worth of plastic, take your custom elsewhere.

My niece has a Luna that came with a pitch pipe.

I think I have one some where but I haven't seen it for a while. It was one that Came with a banjo that my stepdad gave me. I don't know where it is though. Unfortunately, one of the Banjo's strings busted and we haven't got a new one on yet. I would give it to one of you or sell it. I'm really hoping for that uke.

How many people offered to send you a ukulele? This is not the sort of thing we hear about on the 6:00 news. Would you be allowed to TRADE the banjo for a ukulele?

Several. I can't remember all there names but I know that there were a few. Read my thread on UAS. I would trade that old banjo but I can't give out my postal address. My mom doesn't allow it. If i could get that string fixed, I could probably trade it on craig's list or something. I like ukes better. How many of you are blind uke players?

Last edited:
Hi Cassie! Nice to have you back!
I'm not totally blind but I hear better with my glasses on.
I hope Santa brings you and me both new ukes!

Hey there :) I'm not blind but am often found kickin' it in my chair with my eyes closed while strumming a song. Christmas will be here before you know it. You know, I'll bet you could tune that banjo of yours to C E A and get some satisfaction. Depends what string is broken. You could just buy a string too. I don't know much about string tensions and such and maybe it would sound like, yuck, but it would be something to start with! Get those calluses started!

That's cool. I really should get that string fixed. Then I can see about maybe getting it in tune. I used to know a few chords on guitar but It's been ages. As far as Christmas coming before I know it, I'm not so sure about that. The more excited I get about Christmas, the more UAS bugs me. UAS is almost like a virus that keeps coming back even though you take antibiotics for it. If it were a fever, I would be delirious by now, LOL. Do any of you know that song I want a ukulele for Christmas? That song so fits me right now. I'm really really excited. This will be my first uke. My Granny on my dad's side of the family had one but she didn't play. I think it belonged to my uncle when he was a kid. I wonder if it's any good. I know that 2 strings are busted but I bet we probably could fix them and get it working at least until Christmas. A uke is at the very very top of my Christmas list this year.

Last edited:
Oh, yes, that's the point...it isn't very hard, just a bit time consuming. (for perfectionists anyway) lol. You could even use the tuners off your banjo and the bridge (if it's a floating one). Hardest part was getting the fret board...getting those bars to sit just right. I've heard of people making the bars out of toothpicks. Plenty of tutorials out there. They might not sound terrific but it's something to play around with :)

That's cool. We don't have tooth picks. We use those flossing picks. They have the floss on them. I don't think the tuners on my old banjo would work.

Mahalo for being so nice to me. Just a report, I'm still fighting with UAS. I know I have to wait until the holidays but UAS is getting stronger.

Top Bottom