Flamed Claro walnut and Englemann spruce tenor..

Magnificent instrument!!!

I'm curious about the 'skunk stripe' on the neck. Was that put there to facilitate a truss rod (as in Fender guitars) or is it just to add to the beauty (which it does).

That's some incredible walnut! Beautiful.

I used flat sawn tulipwood to demonstrate how to build a quartersawn neck from such wood...

Absolutely Stunning!

Hi Pete
Nice work as always.
Did you bind the fretboard or are the fret slots hidden by some skilful filling or milling?
Cheers, Andy...

+1 This is gorgeous. Thank you for posting.
All is so clean :
Body curves, neck shape, head proportions,
woods choice, and high level handwork.
Très très beau.

I use no CNC - every part except for tuner and fretwire is made in house by hand and using a bandsaw, router, pedestal drill, disc and oscillating drum sander. We do not machine sand our instruments with power tools prior to prepping them for cellulose spray or use orbital sanders for cutting back finish. It is a combination of simple accurate jigs and traditional European cabinet/furniture making techniques that gets them to where they need to be. I am now joined by a graduate German luthier Tom Ziegenspeck who works fast, accurately and with a cheerfulness that would wear even the most optimistic person out. PHU is entering a new and important phase to get the last 300 made :)

Top Bottom