How not to sell a ukulele

be careful, this guy might be on the forums.

but on another note. she should really have a better way of recording, and should tune it.

the comment is quiet humorus haha

I certainly meant no offense...

::but::

if you don't know how to play let alone tune the instrument, maybe don't do a demo? :confused:

I have two Leolanis similar to this, except mine are tenors. Each came with a hard foam case, chord book, strung with Aquilas, an extra set of aquilas on the side, and a chromatic tuner/metronome with a tuning pickup. They cost only $100 each. Such a steal. And I bought them new too. (Given a $8 value on each Aquila set, and $15 for the tuner/metronome/pickup, and $30 for the case, the uke alone basically just cost me $60.) I'd say the uke is worth slightly more now that it's signed by Aldrine and has a Sir Chunk a Lot drawn on it...or maybe slightly less since I also drew a panda over the whole back of it. Haha.

From where? No not ebay. No not craigslist.

Honolulu Sams Club. FTW.

So the seller's price is a bit high as well. But if it is any consolation to him, my Leolanis came un-tuned too.

Edit: and if you're in Honolulu for whatever reason, and have Sams club membership, they still have a whole tray of these left, and they restock them every Christmas.

I certainly meant no offense...

::but::

if you don't know how to play let alone tune the instrument, maybe don't do a demo? :confused:

true, good point

So the seller's price is a bit high as well. But if it is any consolation to him, my Leolanis came un-tuned too.

yeah but, at least tune it before you show case it, then un-tune it when it is shipped.

yeah but, at least tune it before you show case it, then un-tune it when it is shipped.

Thanks for totally shutting down my defense of him, Fred. JK JK! :D

Believe me, I totally think he should have tuned it to something that at least resembled "my dog has fleas." His seemed to sound like "my cow has herps." Oh well.

Which is why its MGM FTW.

Very nice, I recently did the video deal and it worked. The uke was up in the forums for like a good month, did a video and it sold the next day. Videos need to be up to par, at least the video shows that it was hardly used.

I think this guy sells Leolani ukulele's at the Aloha Stadium (Honolulu) swap meet every week end. I bought a couple ukes from him as gifts to visitors. :biglaugh:

I half-expected him to start singing "Elephant Town".

JJ

that was a funny video... i mean... don't mean any disrespect.. but its like if you were selling a car.. and when doing the video you drove it into a wall!
More like you make a 6:47 minute video trying to start it, and at the end the battery runs out.

But hey, would Youtube be any fun without this kind of videos? Salt of the earth, strawberry in my yoghurt, fart in an art museum, all those things that make life worth living!

:cheers:

Top Bottom