Luck???

Buiietbob

Reaction score
I know that this uke talk. But I just have to tell someone.So I have been wanting a set of the big old ear muffs that the cool folks used to listen to music back in the day,I saw on youtube that they will work for a stomp box when you plug into an amp.I had to be out so on the way home I stopped by Goodwill.I always stop by the toy section to see what I might use to make things.Today there was a Maestro flat top there for $10.00.It had contact paper all over it so I could not see much.Took off the contact paper looks pretty good.It needs strings,pins,and a bridge.Over all a lucky find.
I also got my ear muffs.I want the stomp box to go with my uke playing so I got some things to mess with for a while.
I just had share with some one.Feel free to delete this if it offends.
Buiiletbob

If I could understand a single word of what you were saying, there's a remote possibility that I might be offended. :)

I doubt it though.

Out of the many thousands of stompboxes, which specific one are you talking about? And what do you mean by earmuffs? Passive over the ear headphones?

It is only lucky if they are usable. What pedal was it? My headphones were bought new but look like the old headphones from back in the day of tube radios. They are audio technicas by the way. Did you find a uke also? I never find stuff for my hobbies at goodwill. Unlucky?:D

Thank you Ohmless.The guitar cleaned up good.I hope to fix it and sell it.One side of the muffs work and that is all I need,put it face down on the floor,plug it in and tap it with your foot.Not too much bass for now but I will work on it.
Kahuna Thank you also.I went back and read my post and I understand it just fine.Sorry you can't.I was talking about head phones. The fear that might offend comes from the fact I posted in "UKE Talk". Please have a great day.May God bless..

To the OP. Goodwill is 50% luck and 50% timing.

Just to clarify what the OP is saying:
He found a cheap Maestro 6 string guitar that has no strings, string pegs or a saddle. (He said bridge but I don't think he knows the difference between a saddle and a bridge; maybe I am wrong and he is talking about a missing bridge but his diction leads me to believe that he is ignorant of musical jargon)
He also found a pair of "over the ear" headphones which can plugged in to an input on an amp to make a stomp box, a'la this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmuTJp8JiZA

Last edited:
oh gotcha. real cool project idea.

I agree. If you are wanting a stomp box but don't want to spend 100USD or more, you can get a cheap pair of "over the ears" with a simple mod. I would like to hear someone run a headphone stomp box through a board and a loop pedal.
That would be fun.=)

I feel so old hearing regular headphones being referred to as something that people used "back in the day"! ;) Really only goes downhill after forty, I guess!

I have a pair of Steelseries 7.1 surround headphones that are designed for gaming. They are over-the-ear, stupidly expensive and only a few years old. There's nothing better for listening to music. Certainly better than in-the-ear buds (of which I own a very expensive pair, but they still ain't as good as traditional headphones).

This was directed at Mivo's post btw. And I know exactly what he means.

They are over-the-ear, There's nothing better for listening to music.

This was directed at Mivo's post btw. And I know exactly what he means.

Yes, I have to agree with you. Over the ear headphones deliver the best quality for solo listening pleasure.

And I was using over the ear headphones when I was still DJ'ing just two years ago. So calling them "back in the day" seems a bit ignorant to me; hence my earlier comment.

I actually prefer the on-the-ear kind (large pads), since it feels odd to me to be completely disconnected from outside noise. Those seem to be less common these days, but I still love the discontinued Sennheiser HD435 cans for recreational listening.

In-the-ear plugs have never worked for me, just really awful, both sound- and comfort-wise. I have a pair of over-the-ear cans for "mixing", the Audio Technica ATH-M50. Not the most neutral headphones, but serviceable and, in my view, pretty darn good for their price. For gaming or casual listening of stuff on the computer I use a pair of Ultrasone HFI-15G, which I actually really like (those were a spontaneous purchase, was pleasantly surprised).

Top Bottom