Super old Kamaka

justinlcecil

Reaction score
So an older woman in a ceramics class i'm taking made mention of the fact that her father brought an ukulele home with him after his service during WWII. She brought it in the other day and I was surprised to see that it was a Kamak. One piece top and back. Damage to both. Mismatched violin pegs. One homemade. A bridge that had obviously been poorly reglued at some point. But a super old Kamaka none the less. My hunch is that this uke was made some time between 1916 and 1920. Here are some photos. I would love to know if any of you kind folks could give me any information on it. She talked like she couldn't give it away to her kids and she has no real attachment to it. I might be able to talk her out of it. :) Thanks for your time guys. IMG_1648.jpgIMG_1649.jpgIMG_1650.jpgIMG_1651.jpgIMG_1652.jpg

MMStan should spot this soon and can enlighten you........oh, I mean about the uke! :biglaugh:

Most Blue labels say they are made in the early thirties.. but i do believe your is a very early and maybe in the very late 20s...
your condition has some severe crack on the soundboard and back and will affect the collectability and what its worth.....
the rosette and blue label makes it a special order Uke I believe... if you have to find a special buyer, in its present condition
I would pay..400 to 500... that doesn't mean its worth that as a special interest buyer may pay more.. hope it helps

Hey, I've got one of those. Not much left of the blue crest on mine.
Blue Crest (2).jpg

Holy Cow....it looks older than I do....I hope you can score it....

Top Bottom