Blue USB microphones on sale today, Friday, 9/11

greenie44

Big King Velour
UU VIP
Reaction score
Woot.com, an online discount site, is offering a couple of Blue microphone models today. The site is at woot.com. I have a Yeti that I like, but I am far from an expert in these matters.

Blue makes really good microphones. I know a large number of musicians that use them for every day recording, and they're great.

I also enjoy the Yeti as well, and have gotten some really nice ukulele sounds from it.

It's not hard to find the Snowball for 49.99, but the Yeti for 79.99 is a great deal.

I'd been looking for a good usb mic' and jumped on this deal when it came out, didn't realize how big they were!
IMG_20150921_123106718.jpg
It's more than a foot high! This is with my Ohana SK-28 soprano.

Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but will soon. To record voice and uke together, I was thinking of using the cardioid setting?

I bought one too after failing to record directly into my phone. I had a link here of a sound sample, but something wierd happened at sound cloud and it got deleted, so I removed that post.

https://soundcloud.com/walt-park-575686292/shape-of-my-heart-riff

Anyway, that's a pono atsh-pc, oasis clear/flat low G, sitting on a carpeted floor about 3 feet from the yeti, medium gain, stereo mode. I'm not sure that's the best, but it's what I ended up with. Staying away from walls seems to help though. It was very easy to setup, and connect to audacity, and I think the records is pretty clean.

Top Bottom