I finally bought one

Nickie

Reaction score
We had a Train Song Jam Session last week, so I bought a wooden train whistle.
I didn't know how long it would take me to play it, but the 3rd time I blew on it I got a sort of whiney sounding bleat out of it.
Then all of a sudden I became a train whistle maestro. I got laughs and applause on every song that I used it on!
Need a new toy?
Get a train whistle!

We had a Train Song Jam Session last week, so I bought a wooden train whistle.
I didn't know how long it would take me to play it, but the 3rd time I blew on it I got a sort of whiney sounding bleat out of it.
Then all of a sudden I became a train whistle maestro. I got laughs and applause on every song that I used it on!
Need a new toy?
Get a train whistle!

Where'd you get it? Online or local?

So I suppose you will be hanging out at at the train whistle website from now on??.......

I'm giving her sh*t when I see her.

I bought it at Sam Ash Music. We did a Train Song jam session. I'm not gonna be here on UU much anymore. I'll be on the Train Whistler's Fun Forum from now on.....

We have ridden a few live-steam narrow-gauge trains this past year -- the Skunk Train from Ft.Bragg-Willits California (lovely repeat of our honeymoon ride), the Durango & Silverton in Colorado (terribly disappointing), and the Cumbres & Toltec from Chama, New Mexico to Antonito, Colorado (absolutely terrific). Each sells souvenir wooden train whistles emblazoned with their logos, as do the state railroad museums in nearby (to us) Sacramento, California and Carson City, Nevada, and many vintage tourist traps and toy stores. I have strenuously resisted the temptation to buy one for myself. I hesitate to get them for my wee grandkids because their mother would likely be rather displeased. But who knows what may happen the next time I encounter the instrument?

Top Bottom