Audio/Video conversion issues

ohmless

Reaction score
Hello I am having issues with the music not syncing with the video after taking the audio from the recorded video and the audio not matching the video after editing when I try to recombine the video with the audio.

I was recommended to use a program called handbrake to convert the video to a constant 29.97 fps which didn't do the trick and I didn't have to do before. I have been extracting the audio using the same program(Free video to audio converter 2014) on the same settings(wav 44k). I have been doing the music editing in both Audacity and in Ableton Live Lite and the music appears to be sped up already for some reason, but I could be wrong. I have been recombining them in Windows movie maker and tried/failed also with Cyberlink powerdirector12. This is all while using windows 7.

Anyone else having the same issues or have overcome this problem? I need enlightenment.

You could try a DAW that supports video editing, like Reaper. Reaper's evaluation version is unlimited and uncrippled, outside of the startup reminder that it's not yet registered (the hobbyist version is around $60, so also very affordable). It's not necessarily intuitive, though, and I haven't experimented with its video editing capabilities that were just added in version 5. They have a very active forum with exceptionally helpful people, too.

You could try a DAW that supports video editing, like Reaper. Reaper's evaluation version is unlimited and uncrippled, outside of the startup reminder that it's not yet registered (the hobbyist version is around $60, so also very affordable). It's not necessarily intuitive, though, and I haven't experimented with its video editing capabilities that were just added in version 5. They have a very active forum with exceptionally helpful people, too.

I just downloaded Reaper, and spent a few minutes going through the menus, and I even tried to open or import a video, and if this function exists (to edit the audio of a video, both Audacity and GarageBand can do this) I cannot find it in Reaper.

I'd really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to give me a hint of where to look. Otherwise, I'm gonna be forced to RTFM and watch the video tutorials, and I dont have that kind of patience or time available...so if you know where this feature is, please share....

:)

Top Bottom