NUD, Mahalia

Congratulations. Would love to hear sound sample with the redwood poplar wood combination. What tuners did you pick.

Congratulations! I've never seen one before.

They are Grover geared tuners. One of these days I'll learn how to post sound samples. I am not the most computer literate person around, but I'll definitely try. I think David makes some of the most beautiful and different ukes out there. And they sound great also.

Just finished reading the section on wabi sabi and finishing. Love the philosophy. A Luthier friend of mine recently shared with me that idea, as he builds upright basses. I think it's important for all ukesters to realize that ukes are imperfect organic things that will change with usage and time, so it's cool for your luthier to embrace and convey that. The builder of my stansell flamenca Blanca uke, Les Stansell, shares a similar philosophy.

I think David's designs and his philosophy are what caught my eye. His ukes have what I think is an understated elegance. I'm just glad I was able to buckle down and save to get one.

Congrats. Can's wait to hear it.

Top Bottom