New Ono Concert

saltytri

Reaction score
Here’s a new Bolivian rosewood concert with a 14.7” scale. The top is redwood and the fingerboard, saddle and bindings are ebony. The neck is Honduras mahogany with an ebony stringer and heel plate. It will be off to its owner shortly, and none too soon as she has waited very patiently!

21417228112_6f54eb9c42_c.jpg

21436581721_bbb4aee8d4_c.jpg

21241265619_592b748955_c.jpg

20805457944_4120c0453c_c.jpg

Another beauty. You sure are making up for lost time. Don't go too fast and end up back in the slammer. :p

Never been to the slammer. I even go somewhere else when my wife watches "Orange Is the New Black."

Very nice, David! The break you had to take sure did not hurt your eye for pleasing aesthetics.

Very beautiful and elegant instrument. Such clean work. Gorgeous.

David, your ukes are...... perfect! You have a great eye for proportion and detail. Well done

I love the elegance of your instruments. :)

I always wondered about the personal sound hole: Does it interfere with projection and sustain/loudness on a noticeable level?

A Veeeeeery handsome instrument. :drool: Congrats to the new owner.

The coloring of the Bolivian Rosewood pairs very well with the redwood. It's another beauty David.

I always wondered about the personal sound hole: Does it interfere with projection and sustain/loudness on a noticeable level?

If it does, it's pretty subtle. I just played the one with the side port against another, similar concert that I finished a few days ago and couldn't hear noticeable differences.

Thanks for your kind comments. It's really good to be back to building!

Here are some "bonus" photos of a pineapple that I strung up this morning. The body size is about midway between what you would expect for a soprano and a concert, with a 14.7" concert scale. The back and sides are Bastogne or Paradox walnut. Bindings and accents are bubinga. The top is a single piece of Honduras mahogany. Like the Bolivian rosewood concert, it has a pore-filled finish with Tru-Oil as the top coat.

Of the eight instruments that sat untouched for many months, four are now completed, leaving two 16" concerts and two tenors in progress. After those are done, I'll start on the list of new builds.

21254394218_76ceb36823_c.jpg

21431270282_36d3da1e22_c.jpg

21415987186_7b495822c8_c.jpg

Last edited:
Elegant is the word! These are beautiful looking instruments, and so well appointed. I am eagerly awaiting the day my name comes to the top of your list David.

See, when you go and post something this lovely, I just want one. I don't have a pineapple... And one of your wonderful combinations in a tenor size... Hmmmm.

Wow. These Ukes are really great. Nice job.

Dave is always chatting up his newest purchase and looking forward to it.

Top Bottom