Russ Morin

H

Hippie Dribble

Fellow UUers,

Russ is a friend, a renowned ukulele builder, all round beautiful man and treasured member of our worldwide ukulele ohana.

He has been fighting illness with dignity, grace and strength for the past 15 months. Sadly, he has come to the end of his journey as I write.

For those of you who feel so inclined, your prayers of peace and comfort would be greatly appreciated at this time, most especially for Russ's wife and Rock, Harris, his extended family and close friends.

Thankyou.

http://www.russmorin.com/

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know Jon. I followed his blog and corresponded with him a few times. Heck of a nice guy with a great sense of humor and an open heart. He and his family are in my prayers.

Russ was everything you needed to know about cool.
russ morin.jpg

So sad to hear this, Jon. He brought joy to many with his reso ukes. I thought your videos with his resos were amongst your best.

This is very sad news. Cancer sucks. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

My dearest condolences to russ family, Rip Russ, keep playing your ukulele up there

Ps, i know another uu member in dire condition as we speak, but im not with
The liberty to say who it is... please say your prayers also

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that the cancer has advanced so far. I never met Russ. I took one of his resonator ukes to Kerrville, TX for the big folk fest last year. Nobody cared for my songs but they LOVED my uke.

I never heard of him before.

However, I am sorry for your loss.

Prayers for you and his dear ones will be close at hand.

Be well, Brother Jon :music:

Russ is under palliative care at this time with Harris at his side. Thank God for morphine indeed.

Mary Beth (Russ's sister) just shared this a few minutes ago. Please keep sending your love and prayers. Russ is aware of them still.

Harris reports that Russ is resting comfortably and "snoring like a boss." This morning I got up feeling so fortunate to be surrounded by the love of the "Russ community." It makes a positive difference to us all. Please keep sending the love and prayers. I know Russ is aware of them as well and is in awe of the tender goodness of people. Harris is caring for Russ like a champ and she seems to daily find new energy for pouring every ounce of love she has his way.

Russ passed this morning. Peace, comfort and love. Russ was an inspiration. I look forward to playing in the Angel Band with him one sunny day.

russ morin 3.jpg

Thank you all for this beautiful thread! I wish I could have known Russ personally, but at least now I know of him. He comes across in the videos as a really nice guy!

Top Bottom