Uke Sale on "Stupid Deal of the Day"

Early when I first started playing ukulele a couple of years ago, I bought one of these in tenor. Two problems, I hated the Fishman Sonicore preamp controls inside the soundhole, they are very poorly positioned under the strings, which makes it very difficult to adjust while playing. I actually yanked it out of there and replaced it with a Fishman Kula preamp/tuner that I installed in the side. Also, when the weather got dry, the top cracked from the bridge to the tail, so keeping it stored with a humidifier is essential. After that happened I gifted it to a friend's young son.

I found this deal if anyone is looking for a Lanakai Uke. Looked like a pretty good deal.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

Thanks for the heads-up.

Early when I first started playing ukulele a couple of years ago, I bought one of these in tenor. Two problems, I hated the Fishman Sonicore preamp controls inside the soundhole, they are very poorly positioned under the strings, which makes it very difficult to adjust while playing. I actually yanked it out of there and replaced it with a Fishman Kula preamp/tuner that I installed in the side. Also, when the weather got dry, the top cracked from the bridge to the tail, so keeping it stored with a humidifier is essential. After that happened I gifted it to a friend's young son.

Maybe that's why they are selling it for $199, when their regular price is $379, which is nearly half off.

Something to think about, no?

Maybe that's why they are selling it for $199, when their regular price is $379, which is nearly half off.

I bought mine as a blem in 2013 from Butler Music via eBay for $124.50 including shipping. You couldn't even see the blemish. If I was more careful with it, I would have it to this day.

Top Bottom