A little surprise for my Uke

cattzap

Reaction score
I'm sure this is no big deal but my case came in today for my Uke. I ordered the soft case with the logo on it. Again, no big deal but it's the first case I've ever had for an instrument with the correct logo on it.

And GC made me laugh about delivery. I got it on the last holiday sale we just had. It was not expensive enough for free shipping so I added a $3 strap button. They ended up shipping both packages separate and I think they spent more on shipping that I did on the entire order.

Always nice to have your Uke in a cozy case! And, to have it logo'd properly is way cool. Now, you can carry it in confidence and look so pro!

None of my 'ukes have hard cases, not like the snazzy old guy with a Kamaka concert I ran into in town a couple of weeks ago. And of all my 34 stringed instruments, only the Ovation 12-string guitar and aluminum sandcast Aloha lap steel have signature cases; most have only anonymous gig bags, if that much. The Cümbüş o'uds have fitted gig bags but no logos. All the rest are mongrels. My mandola has no case at all -- it's wrapped in blankets out in the car. Guess I should take care of that soon...

Congratulations on the case. I agree with logos matching. I had someone wanting me to purchase a soprano case for my Ohana, but the case had a huge logo with another maker's name. I didn't want that - just seemed wrong, and I was actually relieved when my uke didn't fit snuggly enough in there to warrant buying the case. I'd rather have a "no name" case than one with the wrong name. I wonder why that is a sticking point for me, as the names on the case have nothing to do with keeping the instrument safe.

Reminds me how I felt when I used to ride my sister's bike to school when mine had a flat.

I've been trying to pick up an inexpensive hard case in all three regular sizes, then I can put the uke I'm taking out in the one that fits.

Top Bottom