Outdoor Ukulele - contact info?

tw62862

Reaction score
I put in an order for a Tenor from Outdoor Ukulele. http://www.outdoorukulele.com/

I want to follow up with some questions before they process it, but I'm having difficulty contacting anyone. The "Contact Us" link on their side that generates a message (I assume email), but there's no phone number.

Did a search on the company and found "(541) 647-1416", but I've called for several days and there's no answer and no answering machine either.

Has anyone dealt with them?
If so, any idea how to get hold of someone?

Thanks,

-Dan-

Glad to help.

FWIW, I picked up my Outdoor tenor in Bend as I was leaving on my vacation to Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico. While (obviously) not the same as my other wooden uke, I think it is a great alternative for a "throw in the car, hike, camp, etc." ukulele.

Bill

Also an OUT fan. Can't beat it for humid WV weather. I have found that they do reply to Facebook posts.

Last edited:
I'm not surprise no one is available to talk to. I had the same issue and finally had to cancel my order. I'll never do business with that company again.

Sorry that you and others had a bad experience the first time around. However, that hasn't been my experience with the company. The tenor has met my expectations (so far).

Bill

I'm not surprise no one is available to talk to. I had the same issue and finally had to cancel my order. I'll never do business with that company again.

It's about 130 miles, give or take. So a couple of hours, depending on your driving style.

I saw the tenor at Bend's Uke University in July. We were heading back through Bend a few weeks later on a road trip through the Southwest, and the owner was kind enough to have one waiting for me at their shop.

Thats a great story, I know it is a plastic uke, but actually being able to get to the place where it is made to pick it up sounds like an added bonus.
Is Bend far from Eugene? My favourite bicycle is made in Eugene, how far would it be to pick up a new bicycle from the factory in Eugene and then head off to Bend to pick up a travelling uke?

Sorry that you and others had a bad experience the first time around. However, that hasn't been my experience with the company. The tenor has met my expectations (so far).

Bill

I didn't say it was your experience. I'm glad you're happy with it.

I do understand that some users (like Icelander53) won't do business with Outdoor Ukulele any more. I respect their experience and their decision. I placed my order (after reading through the forum posts) with fingers crossed that I would be more successful. Given the difficulty of getting hold of someone...I'm not feeling very optimistic...but...time will tell.

For those that successfully purchased the Tenor...how long did it take for you to receive the uke?

Got mine in about a week. I like it much better than the soprano OU.

Got it quick, less than a week. Didn't have any problems contacting them. Returns, no problem and had good customer service. I'm not in love with the uke and I was going to return it but got too lazy to send it out ): Typical of me! I figure I'll bling it up or something. Sounds pretty good for a plastic uke but I have nails, nice hard nails and they click something awful on the strings! I changed the strings out twice and still the same.

Good luck with yours :)

I ordered within 15 minutes of the first bottle brown release. Mine was received in less than a week. It is a lovely color and blends in very well in that it does not stand out as a plastic ukulele in looks or sound.

To me, it sounds like a nicer laminate so the $150 price range is not unreasonable.

It really shines in less than perfect conditions - hot car, humid weather, changes in temperature etc. I truly use it 90% of the time as an outdoor ukulele and play it outside almost every day.

I also experienced the clicking of the forefinger nail when strumming. It does appear to happen as a result of hitting the fret rather than the makeup of the string.

I try to use more of the pad of the finger for strumming the OU, and I like very short right hand nails, so it doesn't occur often enough to bother me. It fingerpicks well.

Last edited:
I just received a shipped confirmation from Outdoor Ukulele.
Ordered on Thursday and shipped the following Monday is pretty impressive turnaround.

Thanks to all that responded.

Top Bottom