Be on look out- stolen Ukulele

Braga2966

Reaction score
image.jpg

Wasn't sure where to post this but if anyone happens to see this go for sale anywhere it's stolen goods. Was posted just yesterday.

That's such a beautiful instrument -- some of the nicest wood pattering I've seen on a uke. Definitely should be easy to spot when it's offered anywhere as it's so memorable.

OK, I'm online a lot and will watch for this. I detest thievery. I am surprised that this is the first such posting I've seen. I bet a lot of Ukuleles are stollen every day. When I go out with one of mine, I am always acting paranoid about it. I recently took a Uke with me while I was with my wife in the hospital. I'd keep my Uke with me every time I stepped out of the room, even if it was just for a moment or two. In fact, this thread has got me thinking. (Ouch!) I hate those situations where I have to turn my back on my instrument as when I'm juggling a coffee and a food tray. I think I'll get a generic sort of shoulder strap that I can use with a Uke case so that I can carry it hands free.

Will keep an eye on ebay. Very distinctive pattern...easy to recognize.

So sorry to hear about that! Theft is bad enough but, to rob someone of their prized ukulele is despicable!

Will keep a lookout and alert you if I see it.

Thanks everyone! Yes Ft. Lauderdale Florida which is 45mins from me in Miami. The store where it was in front of is the only place in southflorida with not only the largest selection of Ukes but the staff are really knowledgable and care. Other then them it's guitar center and same ash (bleh). So they posted this and I saw it on my feed and thought other ukulele lovers would try to look out for each other because we all share such love for these ukuleles. I get paranoid as well and whenever I'm out with any of my ukes its not out of my sight for a moment! But there is still that fear deep down. I didn't know where to post so everyone could see it but I posted here figuring a market place section would be a start. Thanks for being on the look out its not my Uke but if that happened to me and it is so breathtakingly beautiful I would be heart broken and crushed.. So I'm on the look out and trying to get the word out. Man I hope the person who thieved it slips up and posts something.. I hope he doesn't try to keep it.. Or sell it on the street. :/ no way of finding it then ugh. I've looked locally in Craig's list nothing so far and eBay by region closest to me..

Last edited:
Yea, VegasGeorge def get a strap so you don't have that feeling and can rest easy it's on your body and not left in a place momentarily for some jerk to take it

Why I never leave anything valuable "visible" when I leave the car. If they can't quickly recognize there's something worth stealing in the car, they aren't likely to break in. Includes money, phones, GPS, ukes. I either lock in trunk or just cover them with my windshield reflector so it isn't visible.

BUY (your) P, saddly the thief is going to sell it on the streets for a fracction of the cost :mad:

I am so sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. Some jerk stole two cigar box ukes and a baritone uke, among other things from a car in august. Hope you recover your losses.

Vegas George, your comments reminded me of something. On checking I see that two of my cases have attachments for a shoulder strap. That's another option for transporting them on the bike.

Generally I don't leave an ukulele in the car, but would leave it in the boot if I did. As has been said the less items visible in the vehicle the better.

Top Bottom