The Eugene Sells Out Thread

H

Hippie Dribble

A series of trashy pop songs that have been requested for me to do on FB. This thread shall be your one-stop-shop for some of the most appalling songs ever written. Don't thank me. No, really. :p

First up, Britney Spears.

Catharsis? Comic relief? Whatever the reason, I'm in!

Here's the thing, mate-your playing and voice made it sound REALLY good......but oh, those lyrics! They just don't "do me." Can't wait to see the others in this series!
Catharsis? Comic relief? Whatever the reason, I'm in!
Yep. Both of the above. The gauntlet was thrown down and has been accepted. Taking requests too. I have no shame. Rest assured, I will go there. :uhoh:

Was that an earthquake in Tassie or did Jon fall off of his pedestal? :biglaugh:

Maybe the signature instrument for this project should be one of those twenty dollar cheapies covered with garish paint. :rolleyes:

Well, Jon, with the weather finally starting to come round after a dark and cold winter, you deserve to get a bit giddy.

Just look at what Postmodern Jukebox managed to do to a Bieber/Minaj song. I have high hopes for Jon and his postmodern mangling :)

Was that an earthquake in Tassie or did Jon fall off of his pedestal? :biglaugh:

Maybe the signature instrument for this project should be one of those twenty dollar cheapies covered with garish paint. :rolleyes:

Well, Jon, with the weather finally starting to come round after a dark and cold winter, you deserve to get a bit giddy.
Haha. I have just the instrument you speak of mate... one I painted up as a rainbow coloured dinner jacket! And yeah...this winter apparently was our coldest since 1966. Time to get CRAAAAAYYZZEEEEEEE. :)

I wonder if the refined,understated and upstanding Ono will be able to endure being forced to play Beyonce?

We are about to find out...

The ignominy of it! The elevator has come off the cable and plunged to the Bargain Basement! :wallbash:

But if you can pull off the period look of the lead singer in Postmodern Jukebox, I might soften up a bit. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Never would have heard of these guys if it wasn't for the Big K. Amazing and beyond wicked. Perfect. They gots it goin on in all the right places. I would rather the lead singer pulled me....uh, hang on. Baby do it like you do. Fullstop.

Maybe something for the new Wizard of Oz .."Push, push in the Bush" (another songwriting hall of fame candidate)

And best wishes to the new PM!

OK. The people have spoken Beyonce is next.

Apologies to Beyonce fans representing.I am a tad ...uh......imbibed this evening (well,every evening...let's face it). Here is a song dedicated to all you partners who take your partners for granted. Youse aint Irreplaceable y'know...

ps - OMG you should see the horror stories that have been requested so far. I mean, I have no shame and all...but seriously. This is gonna be a hard row to hoe....

I need someone to call me a cab.

Stay tuned folks and remember, I'm taking requests.... xo

Are you taking requests on this thread? If so, how about Stolen Dance by the poptronica duo Milky Chance?

Are you taking requests on this thread? If so, how about Stolen Dance by the poptronica duo Milky Chance?
YES!!!!! Your request is noted Deb! xo (can't believe I'm still cogniscant at4am in the morning, Hello hangover)

Jon, I rather hear this crap than songs before the 50s and anything resembling Fromby style!! A song by John Legend or Meghan Trainor would be cool!!

YES!!!!! Your request is noted Deb! xo (can't believe I'm still cogniscant at4am in the morning, Hello hangover)

Thank you!!! I have a feeling that your version will be better than theirs. I actually love that duo. Most of their stuff is very creative.

Oh, and for that hangover...water, water, water!!!

Jon, I rather hear this crap than songs before the 50s and anything resembling Fromby style!! A song by John Legend or Meghan Trainor would be cool!!

It's Formby. Just saying.

This is cool Jon, enjoyed the first 2 vids. How about Madonna's "Like a Virgin" - I saw a guy from India do this at a karaoke one night and it brought the house down. Didn't even TRY to disguise his inability to sing or his accent.

Top Bottom