redwood looking for a good home

jupiteruke

Reaction score
I recently came upon some really nice redwood that used to be old water tanks in New York. I just counted 150 grain lines across 4.5" of perfectly quartered wood.

See pictures on thread:
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...er-tank-hides-good-stuff&highlight=water+tank

I went back to the source and I have a small pile of the stuff. I sawed up one of the smaller chunks last night and ended up with 26 tenor top sets. Looking at the pile, I have far more than I am going to use in this lifetime. So, I am willing to send chunks to some people who would like one, for the price of the postage, and whatever else you want to send my way. (I actually traded part of a uke for some more wood so I would like to make up the 'cash' difference but it is not serious.) Also a picture of what you create would be real nice to pass along to the guy at the water tank company.

Part of any piece is clear pink, and part will show water/iron streaking from where the water soaked through the tank wall. Sinker redwood from up in the sky.

I have 5 pieces cut up to send along:
3 - 15" x 9.25" x 2.5" - tenor tops
2 - 20" x 7.75" x 2.5" - tenor or baritone tops

I'll send them out to the first 5 respondents to "fungusgeek" at "outlook.com". (I have never figured out 'private messages' here at UU) The basic cost will be for a USPS flat-rate box of $17.90. (If you are outside of the US we can make some other arrangements)

Top Bottom