Uke Jam

Buiietbob

Reaction score
After being judged ignorant by some on this site I'm not sure it is safe for me to post anything. I am old,fat, and not too much to look at but I do have feelings. I have been on oxygen for a long while and it has affected my memory so sometimes I say things wrong. I'm quite sure that has never happened to anyone else. I will be careful in the future.
I went to a Uke Jam in Charlotte today.I was not sure what to expect.It was a lot of fun and I was able learn some stuff also.Everybody was most happy to have you there. I did not play my uke but I did get a one verse solo on my home made kazoo. I hope to get back next month.
Have a good day
Buiietbob

Hi Bob
Good you got to play kazoo solo. I keep a stash of around a dozen $2.00 kazoos on hand constantly. But around 2 years ago I had one custom made out of wood. While it's pretty, a cheap kazoo sounds just as well.

I'm glad you had a good time Bob! Folks are generally pretty welcoming at uke jams. Bring your uke next time. Jams are usually pretty low-pressure and you will have even more fun ukeing. Don't let comments on a post get to you. Lots of nice folks here on UU.

I know exactly how you feel, I was called out on a post I made a few days ago and yes, it really feels bad, both being berated and not realizing at the time that I did something stupid. I apologized and promised I would be careful about the posts I make. I almost decided to stop posting at all, but I knew that would not be the way to react, so I'll be much more careful of the posts I make.

One of the uke players in my group The CC Strummers who also does percussion, uses a wazoo, which is a kazoo with a large bell sound horn coming out of the top.

wazoo.jpg

Last edited:
It'd be a sad day for me Mike if you were to quit posting. How would I learn about all the new bass stuff without you. Builetbob, we'v all put our foot where it doesn't belong here now and then. I've put my foot in my mouth here so many times I had to buy smaller shoes.

After being judged ignorant by some on this site I'm not sure it is safe for me to post anything.
Buiietbob

Hello Buiietbob,
We need to clear up this misunderstanding.
I didn't call you ignorant. Here is my direct quote: "but his diction leads me to believe that he is ignorant of musical jargon"
Ignorant- lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.
All humans are ignorant of something.
Example: Don't ask me to build a spacecraft or do brain surgery as I am ignorant about those things.

I meant you no harm, I was trying to help the other posters understand what you were talking about.

Kindly,
Johnson

After being judged ignorant by some on this site I'm not sure it is safe for me to post anything. I am old,fat, and not too much to look at but I do have feelings. I have been on oxygen for a long while and it has affected my memory so sometimes I say things wrong. I'm quite sure that has never happened to anyone else. I will be careful in the future.
I went to a Uke Jam in Charlotte today.I was not sure what to expect.It was a lot of fun and I was able learn some stuff also.Everybody was most happy to have you there. I did not play my uke but I did get a one verse solo on my home made kazoo. I hope to get back next month.
Have a good day
Buiietbob

Hey Bob -- you've done just the right thing, rising above the criticism and posting again. It happens on forums all the time. Some folks seem to feel that participation in a forum about ukuleles includes a requirement for keen writing skills. Think of all the great musicians -- past and present -- who would not participate if we demanded consistently cogent posts, clear sentences and proper punctuation. I read your original post -- the one you were criticized for -- and had no problem understanding what you were saying. I also found it interesting and worthwhile. It helps to have a thick skin at times around here. Keep right on posting. Now, I've got to go get me some kazoos!

Thanks for all the kind replies. I really like it here and consider it treasure chest of info. I have a hard time making my self understood some times when I talk let alone typing and spelling. I know what I'm talking about surely everyone does too,HA! HA!
johnson430, It's all good. I played guitar several years and know the parts and names but I could not recall when I needed to.I got a little excited.You see I'm not the one who gets good deals often.
Thanks to all. Buiietbob

Glad you're back Bob! Don't take any of this seriously, and you'll have more fun. And yes, do bring your uke to jam sessions!

Yep...grain of salt and all that. My reputation for unwitting offenses is legendary.

UU is the best uke site, period. And its the members that make it so. Unfortunately, as it has grown it has also attracted a few ukulele Nazis. Goes with the territory. Just stick your tongue out at them when their head is turned.....it will make you feel much better..... :cool:

It'd be a sad day for me Mike if you were to quit posting. How would I learn about all the new bass stuff without you. Builetbob, we'v all put our foot where it doesn't belong here now and then. I've put my foot in my mouth here so many times I had to buy smaller shoes.

Thanks Pat, I'll keep it going, just judiciously.

Top Bottom