Let talk tenors: Honu vs others sound

UkuleleD

Reaction score
Let talk tenors: Honu in comparison to other's sound

I'm interested in the difference of sound between the Honu tenors and it's "competition"(KoAloha, Kanile'a..etc). I have not been able to find any videos with a Honu tenor except one with heavy amped effects and have nothing to base off of. Personally, I like my tenors to be more warm, rich, sweet and leave the bright lively sound for my concert size and below. Would appreciate your input

:cheers:
D

Last edited:
Aldrine has been playing a Honu tenor in lessons lately. Pretty much all solid koa/mahogany tenors will have a warmer sound than spruce/maple/etc, but to different degrees. Check out this post for a general idea of what to expect from each brand.

Aldrine has been playing a Honu tenor in lessons lately.
I'll check out those Aldrine videos, thanks.

Pretty much all solid koa/mahogany tenors will have a warmer sound than spruce/maple/etc, but to different degrees.
Yea but for example the difference in sound between KoAloha koa tenors and Kanilea koa tenors is very distinguishable, they have their own unqiue sound

Check out this post for a general idea of what to expect from each brand.

Yea I had seen what MGM said about those brands, but I was more looking for information on Honu's sound

Last edited:
I checked aldrines videos, he's got one playing a Honu tenor and he only plays the A string so it doesn't help. Can't believe I can't find one video on a Honu tenor(this seems to be the thing about Honu, not much information going around the net)

Honu, you gotta show off what you're selling!! Get some sound samples up on the website it'll help, I only wish I could buy a uke online just by how it looks

Still hoping someone here at UU has played some Honu tenors

I checked aldrines videos, he's got one playing a Honu tenor and he only plays the A string so it doesn't help. Can't believe I can't find one video on a Honu tenor(this seems to be the thing about Honu, not much information going around the net)

Honu, you gotta show off what you're selling!! Get some sound samples up on the website it'll help, I only wish I could buy a uke online just by how it looks

Still hoping someone here at UU has played some Honu tenors

It's Ok, we can help.

Take a deep breath and repeat after me:

"I don't really need another ukulele, the ukuleles I have already meet my needs and desires."

There, how does that feel?

It's Ok, we can help.

Take a deep breath and repeat after me:

"I don't really need another ukulele, the ukuleles I have already meet my needs and desires."

There, how does that feel?

Lol every time I get done playing my PTS I keep saying that but I feel there is an upgrade needed soooommme point in the future haha, don't wanna miss out on those killer ebay deals!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom