5 string salad bowl ukulele.

nutha jason

Reaction score
she took me a week to make and I only had a drill and a jigsaw but I'm very pleased with the result.

DSC_0423.jpg

DSC_0414.jpg

here is a videolog of the build with a clip of me playing her at the end (excuse the dreadful playing - perhaps I should now practice more than make ukuleles)
https://youtu.be/fNz9kcsWq9s

let me know what you think.

She's a beauty! Going into production?

Every time I go into a Thrift Shop, I consider doing this. Nice job. Eventually, I'll find the right bowl and have one more item (list is long) on my to do list.

thanks guys.

I would like to have a workshop with proper tools and make ukuleles. there is something wonderful about working with wood. my grandfather was a master cabinet maker.

excuse my ignorance but what is SBUAS?

Well done, you know you can't stop now! Your SA accent made me homesick! (Joh'burg?)

Bob

Very very creative. Your next challenge will be to build a case for it.

Very very creative. Your next challenge will be to build a case for it.

what a great idea. maybe I will start with an old hatbox. Or maybe I will construct something out of paper mache. if I do make something I will put pics up on this thread.

I'd really like to see someone document the build of a good looking, practical case. I made a baritone sized ubass and want to make one for it, but I suspect it would come out cheesy.
Max

Top Bottom