FS: KoAloha concert (w/pickup) & tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seonachan

Reaction score
I'm in a downsizing phase, trying to pare down my uke collection to one per size. I'll be listing a National concert (and an electric tenor guitar) tomorrow, but today I've got two lovely KoAloha ukes for sale, a concert and a tenor (KCM-00 and KTM-00 models, respectively). I acquire both here on the forum marketplace, both are factory seconds, and both are in excellent condition with only minor wear.

[SOLD] The concert has a pickup - I don't know if it was factory installed or aftermarket, or what the brand is, but it's a passive undersaddle type and it sounds good and loud. I don't know what the factory second mark is for; there's nothing apparent on the uke but maybe a trained eye can find it in the pictures. Build date is Feb 2009. Comes with a canvas Uke Crazy hard foam case. [SOLD]

The tenor has a slightly rough edge along where the upper bout/waist top and side meet, so I assume that was what made it a second. No pickup in this one, but it's good and loud unplugged like a KoAloha should be. Build date is Feb 2012. Comes with a canvas hard foam case. $625 plus shipping.

Let's start with some pics:

The concert:
kocuu.jpg

...and the tenor:
kotuu.jpg

More pics and video to follow!

Last edited:
More pics of the concert (note: the strings are now trimmed at the headstock - sorry for the unkempt photo):

KoAlohaC4.jpgKoAlohaC5.jpgKoAlohaC6.jpgKoAlohaC10.jpgKoAlohaC11.jpg

And a short sample video:

That is some fine thumbpicking you got there! Geez I want this, but I need another uke like I need a another hole in my head :)

Heh, I'm trying to reduce my total number of ukes to less than the number of holes in my head.

Having said that, I'm open to trades - looking for a Kamaka concert but will consider other stringed thingies.

An addition and a correction on the tenor:

The rough edge is where the side meets the back, not the top, at the upper bout toward the waist.

In playing it some more last night, I found one of the strings sounded fuzzy (sympathetic overtones?) when plucked open, due to an imprecise nut slot. I'm having a luthier redo the nut altogether to get everything nice and tight there - it will be ready by Tuesday.

Bump for a great tenor, and here's another pic with a hard plastic (ABS?) case, which I can substitute for the canvas/foam case at no extra charge. Or if you don't need a case at all, how about $600 + shipping?

KoT in case.jpgrmcase2.jpgrb6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom