Looking for Quirky Soprano

reziarnez

Reaction score
I'm looking for a unique looking, great sounding soprano ukulele for no more than $200. I'm one of the advisors for our HS ukulele club, the UkeCats and I have just fallen head over heals with playing the ukulele and I'm always on the lookout for quirky ukuleles. I have a two concert sized ukuleles, but I really like playing soprano sized ukuleles. Thanks.

Last edited:
Ohana Vita-Uke?

41UoNwwsLcL._SX300_.jpg

Are pineapples quirky? Sort of uncommon, but delicious.

I can't think of a non-quirky GREAT SOUNDING soprano ukulele for under $200.
Please give us your definition of "Great Sounding".

Image search Lego ukulele for a few options.

Now if you just wanted the best sounding soprano in this price range (non-quirky), it's all about the Mainland Red Cedar Soprano, which really ticks all the boxes for me.

Not sure how to figure out what is great sounding or not but if you look on Etsy, there are a bunch of "quirky" looking ukes at every price level. Maybe the sellers could provide sound samples?

Good luck!

Quirky is such a subjective term. Some people would consider Fleas quirky because they're not traditional looking. But they sound great, play easily, are super durable, and are within your price range. And if you want extra quirky, try to find one with a painted soundboard (or paint one yourself). Here's a cool example:

http://www.tikiking.com/shopping_cart2/fleatikilele.html

Here's a nice package for a plain one with a tuner:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-Fluke...g-and-Tuner-/361350892245?hash=item5422310ad5

Last edited:
I just picked up a used one from NC Ukulele academy. WOW! Love it! Great bang for the buck!
Now if you just wanted the best sounding soprano in this price range (non-quirky), it's all about the Mainland Red Cedar Soprano, which really ticks all the boxes for me.

The long one (4+ft) is a Traholippee Actually a tenor ukulele. I put on a spruce top.
Its being used this month being Halloween and such.
Works great for singing season of the witch. View attachment 83984

Top Bottom